Laurie Walsh, JD, PT, MS
Department Chair, Associate Professor
237 Duns Scotus Hall
- JD, 1991, SUNY at Buffalo Law School (Summa Cum Laude)
- MS (Executive Leadership & Change), 2010, Daemen College
- BS (Physical Therapy), 1982, SUNY at Buffalo (Summa Cum Laude)
- Admitted to the NY Bar, June 1991
- Physical Therapy License, October, 1982
- US Political and Civil Rights (GVT 223)
- US Judicial Process (GVT 230)
- Gender and Policy in the US (GVT 320)
- Political Argumentation and Debate (GVT 350)
- Introductory Seminar (HG 103)
- Thesis Research (HG 442)
- Research Project (HG 443)
- Management & Administrative Issues (PT 610)
Research & Teaching Interests
- Civil and Political Rights, US Judicial Process, State Regulation of Professionals, Professional Ethics, Health Care Policy and Legal Issues in Health Care, Legal Issues in Higher Education, Interdisciplinary Teaching
- Oxford Round Table: Special Education - Legal Issues of Related Services (Invited Panel Leader). Harris Manchester College, Oxford University, Oxford, England. March 26-31, 2006
- “Legal and Ethical Issues involving Therapists in School-based Settings.” Presented at the NYC Board of Education, Summer Institute, May 29, 2003 and August 7, 2002
- “Issues Forum: Current Legal and Political Issues.” Presented at the Annual Conference of the NY Physical Therapy Association, Rochester, NY, October 16, 1998.
- “Implications of Disability Laws For Clinical Education.” Presented at the NY Physical Therapy Clinical Education Consortium, Troy, NY, June 13, 1997
- "Chapter 5: Laws and Policies," in Introduction to Physical Therapy, 4th ed. Pagiarulo, M, ed. St. Louis, MO: Mosby, 2011
- "Chapter 5: Laws and Policies," in Introduction to Physical Therapy, 3rd ed. Pagliarulo, M, ed. St. Louis, MO: Mosby, 2006
- "Use of Unauthorized Personnel in the Delivery of PT Services." Empire State Physical Therapy, April 2005.
- “Chapter 5: Laws, Regulations and Policies,” in Introduction to Physical Therapy, 2nd ed. Pagliarulo, M, ed. St. Louis, MO: Mosby, 2001.
- “Affirmative Action in American Higher Education and the Goal of Diversity in Physical Therapy Programs,” Journal of Physical Therapy Education. Spring 2000, Vol. 14, No. 1, 5-11.
- “ADA Case Law: Technical Standards in Education Programs,” PT Magazine, February 1998, Vol.6, No.2, 28-35.
- American Bar Association, NY State Bar Association, Erie County Bar Association
- American Physical Therapy Association
Daemen’s Fall Open House
Mark your calendar for Daemen’s Fall Open House on Saturday, October 24, 2009.
This is a one-of-a-kind chance to tour the campus. Get to know admissions counselors, faculty, and Daemen staff. Make a reservation, or call 800.462.7652.