Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies
Building Your Future
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that employment of paralegals will grow 28% between 2008 and 2019, which is “much faster than the average for all occupations.”
Daemen College offers two tracks of study that will provide you with a program that best meets your needs.
The Bachelor of Science Track
- For the traditional student seeking a well-rounded undergraduate education
- Providing intensive preparation in paralegal coursework (such as legal research & writing, law office technology, and specific areas of law) to provide the practical skills in demand in today’s legal environment
- Providing a strong liberal arts core curriculum to develop the skills demanded of today’s professionals (communication skills, critical thinking, etc.)
- Free electives available to develop areas of interest, such as foreign languages, business, etc
**For more information, see the BS Track curriculum.
The Certificate Track
- For the student who already has a bachelor’s degree, or is working on a bachelor’s degree in another field but would like the flexibility offered by an additional credential
- Students must complete a bachelor’s degree in some area of study to receive the certificate
- Students take classes in the same rigorous program as the students in the bachelor’s track
- The average student in the certificate program will take 25-30 credit hours of coursework in paralegal studies requirements
**For more information, see the Certificate Track curriculum.
Paralegal Program Director Margaret Phillips, JD would be happy to answer them email@example.com.
“When you choose Paralegal Studies, you are choosing a profession – one that is stimulating, ever-changing, and requires a high degree of professionalism. Daemen will then help you choose the legal field that is right for you. Daemen offers courses in a wide range of legal topics, moot court, and internships that give the paralegal students practical experience.”
“Today’s students need mentors to help them find the right job in a difficult market. With my 10 years of experience practicing law in downtown Buffalo and my 8 years of law school teaching experience, I am prepared to give Daemen paralegal students as much guidance and help as they need.”
Student Profile: Inna Nichiporuk
I have always been interested in law, but wasn’t sure if I wanted to pursue a law degree straight after graduation. When I heard of this program at Daemen I immediately took an interest. After the introductory paralegal courses, I realized this program is for me.