Sustainability Undergraduate Programs
Admission to Upper Division
In the second semester of his/her sophomore year, the student is required to make formal application (to the Director of the Sustainability Program) for admission to upper division. Transfer students (both from other institutions and current Daemen students who wish to declare a major in the Global & Local Sustainability program) will be accepted as lower division students.
Requirements for admission to upper division:
- Overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- A minimum grade of C in: CMP101; BIO302 or ENS201 or ENS304; IND/SUST123; SUST140; SUST240.
- A grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.25 in the courses referenced above.
- A minimum grade of C in all courses taken to-date which are required courses in the major section of the curriculum.
- Submission of an essay reflecting on previous community work, travel experiences and future career goals.
While there are no residency requirements prior to admission to upper division, students completing coursework at Daemen College will receive priority for admission based on tenure with the College as well as performance in, and the amount of, coursework taken at the College.
An overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.00.
Pertinent Additional Information
Students are required to complete one or more community-based international experiences subject to the approval of the Program Director. The experience(s) may include internships, additional language studies, or pre-approved studies taken elsewhere. The experience(s) may or may not result in credit earned.