BS/MS in Arts Administration
The Department of Visual and Performing Arts offers students with a strong commitment to the arts the means to foster, support, present or promote any one of numerous artistic disciplines. Bachelor and Master degrees will benefit students whose interest lie in working for one or more of the thousands of theaters, galleries, museums, symphonies, art councils, and not-for-profit organizations nationwide. Students choose between a focus in Theater, Fine Arts, or a Comprehensive Arts track.
A distinctive feature of the program is the emphasis on the practical experience within diverse arts organizations from Western New York's rich cultural landscape. The program emphasizes practical training, networking, and hands-on experience with non-profit museums, theaters, and galleries.
- Learn how to lead and be a member of a team dedicated to sustaining the arts.
- Learn fundraising and budgetary practices.
- Learn how to raise both earned (tickets, admissions) and unearned (grants, corporate gifts, fundraising) income.
- Learn how to curate exhibits, write promotional and educational materials, or work on a theater production's creative team.
- Understand and adapt to organizational and economic change.
- Work closely with artists and administrators who bring the arts to the public.
In addition to the faculty of the Visual and Performing Arts, we offer these degrees in conjunction with Daemen's Department of Business and its graduate program in Executive Leadership and Change. The faculties of both departments encompass nationally recognized professionals whose accomplishment and interests include business leadership, corporate management, fundraising, and grant-writing as well as professional and organizational contributions to the visual and performing arts worldwide.