What Makes It Great
In addition to learning about all facets of business -- economics, management, accounting, marketing, law and international business - Daemen’s business program will prepare you to deal with the most important issues facing business leaders today, including diversity, ethics and global management. Your interpersonal and written communication skills will be refined through class work and a variety of hands-on experiences. In addition, because of Daemen's unique core curriculum, Business Administration students are able to minor in one or more areas such as Sustainability, Entrepreneurship and Pre Law with little or no additional coursework! Therefore, it is not uncommon for a student to graduate with a B.S. in Business Administration having a Specialization in one of the fours areas offered and with one or more minors. This flexibility allows students to prepare for the ever-changing and diverse field of business.
Daemen College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Educate (IACBE), located in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with specializations in:
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Sport Management
Review Information pertaining to Daemen College Business Department Annual Report in the business programs accredited by the IACBE or contact the Business Department at (716) 839-8329.
- As students progress through the program, their ability to think creatively, critically and ethically will be enhanced.
- Students will work collaboratively with others in a variety of settings.
- Students will be encouraged to think critically about their future careers and be provided tools to assist in planning for this lifelong process.
- All students complete a 150 hour internship with a company related to students' specialization or area of interest. Some students complete more than 1 internship!
- Through such a foundation, students will be better prepared to contribute positively to their local and global business communities through their chosen profession.
Specializations offered in Human Resources Management, International Business, Marketing and Sport Management. A Human Resource Certificate is also available.
- Join the Marketing Club, Sport Management Club or the Student SHRM Chapter, to meet local business leaders and participate in community, professional and social activities.
- Become proficient in the technology used in business today, in our state-of-the-art business building with a computer teaching lab, LAN-based Pentium computer labs with specialized business software, and free internet access.
Students will be qualified for employment in a wide variety of business careers. Some examples are: Corporate Sales Representative, Market Research Analyst, Program Manager, Stadium manager, Human Resources Director, Recruiting Manager, Benefits Manager, Corporate Trainer, Business Consultant, Financial Analyst, Retail Manager, Bank Manager, Sales Manager, Marketing Assistant, Marketing Manager, Financial Consultant.
Also, a degree in Business Administration prepares students for law school and eventual careers in this field. Many of our students interested in this career path are successfully admitted to law school.
Recent Graduates’ Jobs
Ivoclar Vivadent, GFI Software USA, Remedy Staffing, Gintzler Graphics, HSBC Bank, M&T Bank, Buffalo State College, Geico, AXA Advisors LLC, The Leadership Program, Buffalo Bills, Ingram Mirco, Kaledia Health, Sprint Mobile, JC Penney Corporate; People Inc., Fisher Price, Syracuse University, Daemen College, Koike Aronson Inc., Rural/ Metro WNY, First Niagara Bank
Majors & Programs
Undergraduate Minors & Specializations
That’s the best way to really get a feel for what Daemen is all about! Daemen is located in suburban Amherst, New York just minutes away from the city of Buffalo. To schedule a weekday individual interview and tour the campus, email us email@example.com or call 800.462.7652.