Financial Aid FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

I think my parents (or I) make too much money to qualify for financial aid, but we still need financial help. Is there anything available to us?

You should always apply for financial aid. You may be eligible for federal, state or institutional aid. Unless you actually apply, you will not know.

What is Daemen College's Title IV School code?

Daemen's school code is 002808.

What is Daemen College's TAP School code? 

Daemen's TAP code is 0670 (undergraduate)
Daemen's TAP code is 5775 (graduate)

What if I need to speak with a financial aid counselor? 

Call the Financial Aid Office at 716-839-8254 and ask to speak with a Financial Aid Counselor. If you have a more elaborate question or problem, you can visit the financial aid office and meet with a Financial Aid Administrator.

Can anyone receive financial aid? 

The only way to determine your eligibility is to submit an application for financial aid. Many factors are considered in determining your eligibility.

How do I apply for financial aid? 

You need to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is available online at

What are the deadlines for submitting FAFSA?

Daemen College recommends that entering freshmen complete the FAFSA no later then February 15.

How will I be notified of my financial aid eligibility?

The Financial Aid Office will send you a financial aid award letter.

If my parents' taxes are not completed by February 15, should I wait for them to be completed before I file my FAFSA? 

Although it is important to have accurate financial information when completing FAFSA, it is anticipated that you may use estimated income figures when completing FAFSA. FAFSA allows you to indicate that the income information is estimated.

Do I have to reapply for financial aid every year?

Yes. After your first year, you will receive a "Renewal Application" which contains preprinted information from the previous year's FAFSA. Your eligibility for financial aid may change significantly from year to year.

My parents are separated or divorced. Which parent is responsible for filing FAFSA? 

If your parents are separated or divorced, the custodial parent is responsible for completing  the FAFSA. The custodial parent is the parent with whom the student lived with most during the past 12 months. This is not necessarily the same parent who has legal custody.

What do I do if I feel I have a "special circumstance"?

Please contact our Financial Aid Office in writing so that we can examine your specific situation to determine its impact on your aid eligibility.


Amherst, New York


Four years won’t be enough to take in all our area has to offer! In near by Buffalo, our safe location in Amherst, NY (voted one of the safest cities in America) is perfect for our students who enjoy everything from museums and music to skiing and backpacking.

World of Opportunity Wizard

Wow! We have students studying from Saudi Arabia at Daemen College!

Eighteen students from Saudi Arabi are participating in the Health Care Studies, Natural Science, Executive Leadership and Change, etc programs. 

Start Your Journey Now Close

Student Profiles

Cameron - Graphic Design

Graphic Design

Read Full Profile

Cam has spent a significant amount of time acting, puppeteering, writing, producing, and directing various productions associated with the theater department while also presenting his research throughout the country.