FAQ's Students and Parents
Does Daemen offer scholarships?
What are the tuition and fees at Daemen?
Is on-campus housing available?
Is there an application deadline?
How do I apply?
What are the admission requirements for acceptance into Daemen?
What is the TOEFL requirement?
Does Daemen accept the IELTS or SAT scores?
Does Daemen offer conditional admission?
Does Daemen have an ESL program?
How can I receive an I-20?
Are Daemen graduates finding a job after graduation?
How does Daemen’s curriculum prepare students for a career?
How safe is the campus and town of Amherst?
What are the most popular majors at Daemen?
Does Daemen offer an MBA program?
Yes, Daemen offers merit scholarships to accepted students. Applicants will automatically receive a scholarship upon acceptance into an academic program. Scholarships are based on leadership, academic performance, and TOEFL or IELTS score.
Tuition & Fees 2014-2015
Undergraduate Estimated Fugures per year (Fall & Spring)
| Tuition & Fees (30 credits/year)
| Room & Board
| Estimated Before Scholarship
|| $37,280 |
Graduate Estimated Figures per year (Fall & Spring)
| Tuition & Fees (18 credits/year)
| Room & Board
| Estimated Before Scholarship
|| $30,220 |
Yes on-campus housing is available all year round for all students. Our undergraduate freshman students live in Canavan Hall. Transfer and graduate students live in our Campus Village Apartments. It is important to submit the housing deposit by May 1 to guarantee a place on campus.
Undergraduate Admissions: We are rolling admissions; there is no application deadline for most of our programs. However we encourage students to apply by the National deadline May 1.
Graduate Admissions: Most of the graduate programs are rolling admissions except for M.S. Physician Assistant (PA) and Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT).
- Application deadline PA program = December 1
- Application deadline for DPT = February 1
Complete the FREE on-line application. Our website offers step by step instructions on how to apply including what documents are required for both undergraduate and graduate admissions.
Admission requirements are based on overall GPA and English score such as the TOEFL, IELTS or SAT. Students from an English speaking country are not required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS and the SAT is optional.
**** The GPA requirement is based on the U.S. grading scale of 4.0
Undergraduate Freshmen Requirements: The minimum GPA requirement for most programs is a 2.3
- The following undergraduate programs have specific academic requirements:
- Physical Therapy: Minimum GPA 3.1 and TOEFL 79
- Nursing 1+2+1: Minimum GPA 3.1 and TOEFL 79
- Athletic Training: Minimum GPA 2.7 and TOEFL 79
Undergraduate Transfer Requirements: The minimum GPA requirement for most programs is a 2.3
- The following undergraduate programs have specific academic requirements for transfer students:
- Athletic Training: Minimum GPA 2.75 and TOEFL 79
- Physical Therapy: Minimum GPA 3.0 and TOEFL 79
- Health Science Programs: Minimum GPA 2.5 and TOEFL 79
Graduate Requirements: The minimum GPA requirement for all graduate programs is a 3.0 with a TOEFL score of 79
The minimum TOEFL requirement to enter academic course work is a 79. Our website explains the English requirements.
Yes, students can choose to write the TOEFL, IELTS, or SAT. The admissions department will accept the highest score of either exam.
Yes, Daemen offers conditional admission to students, who successfully complete level 112 at an ELS Language Center or to students who plan on writing the TOEFL or IELTS exam after completion of an IEP program.
If you are applying to an ESL program we suggest applying to The English Language Institute located in Buffalo, NY or ELS Language Center in Cleveland, OH.
At this time Daemen does not offer a full ESL program, however our goal is to create an ESL program soon. Please continue to check our site for further details.
Daemen does offer ESL Bridge courses for students submitting a TOEFL score of 63 to 78. Students submitting a minimum score of 79 will enter into academic course work. Our website explains the ESL Bridge requirements for TOEFL and IELTS.
As an international student you must prove that you can support the cost of living and studying in the U.S. for every year of your program of study per U.S. law.
Upon acceptance into Daemen international students must submit the Daemen Financial Support Form and financial documentation such as a bank statement. All documentation must show funds of approximately $40,000 per year which includes tuition, living expenses, health insurance, and fees.
Yes, 97% of Daemen 2010-2011 graduates are either employed or attending graduate school and for 72% of them it took less than 3 months to become employed.
The Career Service Department at Daemen is focused on successful outcomes for all of our students. All students have the opportunity to meet with career services to complete an ICAP (Individualized Career Action Plan) focusing on individual goals and objectives.
The Career Service Department surveyed post graduates from 2010-2011, the highlighted results are below:
- 2011 graduates were surveyed and asked to identify how well Daemen prepared them in basic skills of active listening, reading comprehension and critical thinking.
- 90.4% responded they were well prepared with critical thinking skills
- 83.5% responded they were well prepared with active listening skills
- 82.1% responded they were well prepared in reading comprehension
- A recent 2011 graduate commented “Requiring an internship was very important, it lead to my future job after graduation and added experience to my resume.”
- One survey question was “which course(s) at Daemen College have proved most valuable in your present day occupation or graduate studies?
- A 2011 graduate answered “All the chemistry and science courses provided by the Natural Science Department; Daemen’s Natural Science Department requires students to complete scientific research and present our senior thesis to the entire department. Also, as an international student, I consider the ESL classes I took preparation for American society.”
- Another graduate answered “My writing course prepared me to fine tune my writing skills.”
"Money Magazine” has ranked Amherst, NY as one of the top safest cities in America. Please see our annual security report for details.
Business Administration: Accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
- Students earn a B.S. in Business and have the choice to specialize in
International Business, Marketing, Sports Management, or Human Resources.
- Business students have interned and found jobs with companies such as GEICO, Rich Products, HSBC Bank, First Niagara Financial Group, and Ingram Micro
- The business curriculum emphasizes the importance of interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Our graduates enter many entry level business or management related positions in a wide variety of industries.
- Graduates may continue their studies in a business related Master’s degree such as Daemen’s MS in Global Business or an MBA program.
Accounting: Accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
- Students have the choice to earn a B.S. in Accounting in four years or a M.S. in Accounting in 5 years.
- The Bachelors of Science in Accounting degree meets the 150 hour requirement to sit for the CPA exam
- Every accounting student is required to intern with an outside firm, complete a major research project, and present their findings which reinforces their written and oral skills
- Students earn a B.S in Biochemistry with the integration of biology and chemistry, opening the door for a concentration in pre-medical specialization, forensic science, or cellular and molecular biology.
- Biochemistry majors are required to complete a research project and present their findings developing oral communion skills.
- Students earn a BFA in Animation offering professional experience and training through internships and post-graduate employment opportunities.
- Our International Center of Excellence in Animation (ICEA) partners with IBC Digital, a Buffalo-based 3-D Animation company who has produced national commercials, animated television series, projects for clients such as MTV, Disney, and PBS.
- Students earn a Doctorate in Physical Therapy completed in 6 years
- For the past three years physical therapy students have completed a 100% passage rate on the Licensure Board which has lead to a 100% job placement.
- Students have access to at over 300 clinical experiences - all local, national and international.
Daemen does not offer an MBA program. Daemen offers a Master of Science in Global Business (MSGB). The MSGB degree can be completed in 16 to 18 months preparing students to conduct business in multi-cultural global settings. Students differentiate between local and global business strategies and cross cultural business skills are emphasized throughout the curriculum.
Daemen graduates are currently employed in global businesses in China, Spain, Turkey, Africa, as well as the United Sates.