The Center for Veterans and Veteran Family Services
Daemen College thanks you for your service and welcomes you to our website. Many of your questions will be answered here, but we encourage you to take advantage of the Center for Veterans and Veteran Family Services at Daemen College for guidance.
In order to support veteran and veteran family members’ succeed in post secondary education, Daemen has established the Veteran Affairs Center. As a Military Friendly College, the Daemen’s Veterans Center strives to coordinate its services in order to help each and every veteran student – as no student is the same. Commander Walter Gordon, Director of the Veterans Affairs, assists in addressing all the everyday aspects of student life including, but not limited to, academics, financial aid, career opportunities, and physical and social needs within the school.
Yellow Ribbon College Program
Daemen College is a part of the Yellow Ribbon College Program. Incoming Daemen students may be eligible for lower tuition rates and other undergraduate fees under this Post -9/11 Bill. For more information on the Yellow Ribbon click here and see if you are eligible. For FAQ click here, for facts concerning the Yellow ribbon program.
Upcoming Veterans Events
- Colonel Patricia Blassie - Thursday, January 16, 2014
2:00-3:30pm in WICK Social Room
Colonel Patricia Blassie will discuss her family's experience during the years it was first suggested her older brother's remains, 1st Lt. Michael Joseph Blassie, were in the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier for the Vietnam Conflict. She brings to the talk artifacts from the crash that were buried with him in the tomb.
- Veterans Day Breakfast - Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Daemen Veterans Day Breakfast
Daemen Veterans Day Breakfast
On November 11th the Daemen College Center for Veterans & Veteran Family Services hosted a Veterans Day breakfast for veterans and their families to honor all those who have served our country.
The event was very well attended by the community, including veterans from World War II to the present.
- Daemen is a small private college located in Amherst, New York, minutes from exit 50 on the New York State Thruway.
- Daemen has an excellent academic reputation.
- Our student-to-professor ratio is 15-to 1. You will not get lost in the crowd.
- Daemen offers an impressive array of majors, both undergraduate and graduate.
- In addition, Daemen has been awarded the designation of "Veteran-Friendly College". This can mean that for veterans or veteran family members qualifying for acceptance to Daemen, their college education may be fully paid by their veterans benefits.
Financial Aid Available
- There are numerous Veterans Administration and New York State Educational Assistance Programs offering financial assistance to veterans for continuing education.
- The fact is, once accepted as a student at Daemen, many veterans may find that their tuition costs are fully covered by their benefits.
- See covered benefits for detailed information about specific programs
We invite you to come in, take a tour, get a feel for the campus, the facilities, the people, and discuss the veterans benefits available to you.
The Center for Veterans and Veteran Family Services at Daemen College: Call 716-839-8225 or e-mail email@example.com.