Research & Information Commons
- Concentrate: Stay focused on what you're doing. Worry and fear are future projections and need not become part of your present task.
- Use Affirmations: "I feel relaxed and confident. I will recall all that I need to know during my test."
- Visualize: See your tasks completed the way you want them to be actually completed. Imagine yourself a good test taker. Feel what it's like to be successful.
- Breathe: Take several deep breaths to calm the body and bring oxygen to the brain.
- Exercise and stretch to keep the body healthy and to change the focus of the mind.
- Eat well-balanced meals . Have fruit instead of candy.
- Talk to a friend, advisor, or family member.
- Write down your concerns. Talking to people or writing thoughts down helps to objectify them. Once you see the nature of a problem, it's much easier to handle.
- Do something fun!
That’s the best way to really get a feel for what Daemen is all about! Daemen is located in suburban Amherst, New York just minutes away from the city of Buffalo. To schedule a weekday individual interview and tour the campus, email us email@example.com or call 800.462.7652.