The Dean is charged with establishing strategic priorities for the College of Health, Human Sciences & Business at Daemen University. With both undergraduate and graduate programs, and distance and face-to-face education, the College is home to programs in Behavioral Sciences and Applied Behavior Analysis (M.S. and Advanced Certificate), Behavioral Science and Human Services (M.S.) Business & Accounting (B.S. and M.B.A.), Health Promotion (BS), Leadership & Innovation (MS), Paralegal Studies (certificate & B.S.), Public Health (M.P.H.), Sociology & Social Work (B.A.S.W. and M.S.W.). Reporting to the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost, the Dean will collaborate closely with the other academic deans, leaders from across functional areas, and faculty from across disciplines. The Dean is responsible for the school’s overall academic program quality, assessment of curriculum and instruction, fostering faculty research and scholarship, budgeting and fiscal management, fundraising and outreach, new program development and enrollment.
The responsibilities of the Dean include the following:
- Launch and establish the college mission, vision, and identity
- Direct and oversee College operations including budget planning, management and analysis, and faculty load and contracts
- Represent the College of Health, Human Sciences and Business to regional business and industry and community leaders, expand existing partnerships and create new advisory relationships
- Advocate for programs in the college in alignment with the institution’s mission and strategic plan
- Advance teaching excellence in all modalities
- Promote interprofessional and experiential learning experience in the Center for Interprofessional Learning and Simulation (CILS) and develop new revenue generating professional development and continuing education opportunities for the region.
- Monitor student retention and outcomes data and collaborate with relevant offices to support student success
- Promote diversity, equity and inclusion efforts including faculty hiring, student success, and leadership development
- Provide professional development opportunities and mentoring for chairs, directors, and administrative personnel
- Promote enrollment growth through new program development
- Collaborate with Enrollment Management, Institutional Advancement and department chairs on student recruitment, admissions, and program marketing strategies
- Develop a culture of fundraising and represent the college to external constituencies including alumni, corporate and community partners
- Support faculty research, scholarship, and grant writing
- Support accreditation, institutional assessment, and academic program review
- Work with the deans of the other colleges to advance Academic Affairs priorities
- Lead projects or initiatives at the request of the Provost.
- Exceptional communicator, listener and diplomatic leader who can work in a collegial manner with faculty, staff, and other campus and community constituents
- Earned doctorate or appropriate terminal degree in a discipline represented in or related to the College of Health, Human Sciences and Business
- Demonstrated commitment to the liberal arts and sciences mission of Daemen University, and its foundational role in professional programs
- A record of successful administrative leadership at the dean, chairperson, or program director level, including budget and personnel experience; or other related administrative experience
- A record of advanced learning, innovation or teaching experience incorporating both traditional and distance education programs
- Demonstrated commitment to the spirit of shared governance; demonstrated experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders to establish and achieve goals and support institutional strategic direction
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and accessibility to students in support of their academic success and well-being
- Experience with professionally accredited academic programs and familiarity with compliance and risk management practices
- A data informed planner with experience in assessment and outcomes measurements
- Experience mentoring faculty, promoting faculty research and scholarship, and advocating for associated resources and support
- A record of successful new program development
- Experience as committee member on doctoral dissertations
- Demonstrated skills in fundraising, including the ability to articulate the university mission to external communities, alumni, and potential donors..
- Experience working with external agencies, such as foundations, local businesses, and governmental agencies
- Experience in strategic plan development and implementation.
- Proficient with academic policy and procedure development
- Knowledge of key principles of enrollment management, best practices in academic budget modeling, technology, and academic program sustainability
This is a full-time, salary, exempt, 12 month. Position is administration/salary and includes full University benefits and professional development opportunities.
Benefits are available the first of the month following the full-time employee's date of hire and include health, dental, vision insurance, and fully paid life insurance. In addition, we offer fully paid long term disability insurance after 3 months of employment. Eligibility for the 403b retirement plan is available to full-time employees upon hire and an 8% employer match after one year of service. Tuition waiver benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Standard Background Check Required.
General Physical Requirements:
Light Work: Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects; desk job with majority of sedentary work sitting roughly 50% or greater of the workday.
Climate controlled office setting, but some activities/ duties can occur both inside and outside the office setting.
Various trainings assigned upon hire and annually thereafter by the Office of Employee Engagement.
For consideration please submit resume, letter of interest, and contact information for three professional references in the attachments section of your application at http://daemen.applicantpro.com. Incomplete packages will not be considered.
Daemen University is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications from women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus. Apply directly at https://daemen.applicantpro.com/jobs/.
Daemen University strongly encourages all campus community members to get vaccinated for COVID-19, including a booster vaccine. Individuals who are boosted will face fewer restrictions and be better protected from serious illness. At this time, COVID-19 Vaccination is no longer mandatory. However, the COVID-19 pandemic is an evolving global risk that may require adaptation of policies as necessary depending on public health information and data trends. Daemen University reserves the right to reinstate mandatory vaccination and require unvaccinated community members to receive a vaccine to maintain active employment, with the option of engaging a potential medical or religious accommodation exemption process. All employees, regardless of full time, part time, per diem, or temporary status, are strongly encouraged to receive a completed course of one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccinations (Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson).