- Pre-PharmD students at Daemen College major in the Natural Sciences/Health Sciences specialization. The first three years at Daemen College include all of the courses required for acceptance into the Doctor of Pharmacy program at the University of Buffalo, and provide students with a strong scientific background leading to success in their professional program. Once accepted, students will have their first-year pharmacy courses applied toward completion of their bachelor’s degree at Daemen.
- Service learning is required for all majors at Daemen College which is congruent to the mission of many professional schools.
- Core concentrations in health policy can set you apart from other pre-pharmacy students.
Why Pre-Pharmacy Daemen?
- Strong scientific preparation by highly qualified faculty
- State of the art laboratories and equipment
- Friendly, student centered department and college
Unique 3+ 4 Program with the University of Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Daemen College and the University of Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences have partnered to offer highly qualified students an opportunity to earn their Doctor of Pharmacy degree in 7 years. Two students are accepted as freshmen into this program annually and are guaranteed seats in the UB School of Pharmacy PharmD program as long as they meet program requirements, including a specified grade point average. After successful completion of their first year of pharmacy school, a B.S. in Natural Sciences.Health Sciences will be conferred by Daemen College.
The UB Pharmacy School, which is the only one in the SUNY system, is ranked among the top pharmacy schools in the U.S. and one of the top departments in the world in pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and biopharmaceutics.
Recent Graduates have attended the University of Buffalo’s School of Pharmacy and the Wegman’s School of Pharmacy and St. John Fisher College.
Requirements for Admission
Daemen College Pre-Pharmacy Program:
- Minimum High School GPA of 3.0
- Minimum SAT score 1000 with 500 verbal and 500 math
University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences:
- A cumulative quality point average and science GPA of 3.0.
- PCAT Score
- Minimum 3 reference letters
- Personal Essay
- Personal Interview*
*Final acceptance into the program is contingent on the University at Buffalo interview panel.
Required courses for Pre-Pharmacy Track
Science: General Biology I and 2, Inorganic Chemistry I and 2, Organic Chemistry I and II, Physics I and II, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Anatomy and Physiology I and II, General Physiology, Contemporary Chemical Analysis, Scientific Language and Literacy
Core Curriculum (45 credits required): English Composition, Advanced Composition, Calculus & Analytic Geometry I and 2, Psychology and/or Sociology and/or Economics, Statistics
For more information, contact Douglas Kalinowski, Chair of the Natural Sciences Department at email@example.com or call 716-839-8546.