Graduate Open House
Tuesday, November 1, 2016 at 6 p.m.
Research and Information Commons
Meet faculty and learn about: course offerings, flexible scheduling, financial aid, and the admissions process!
The Fellowship Program allows students to earn a Master of Science in OMPT, which is registered with the New York State Education Department.
- A McKenzie-based program with integration of other schools of thought
- Weekend courses and distance learning
- Start in January or June
- Completion of the program qualifies for Fellow status in the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists (AAOMPT)
The Daemen College Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship Program, in partnership with local health systems and private physical therapist owned private practices, provides post-professional orthopaedic manual physical therapy (OMPT) education. The foundations of clinical science and research are integrated with respect to maintenance of the highest ethical standards, while advancing the profession in providing a high quality of evidence-based care and practice.
Fellowship/mentoring is the primary means for achieving advanced psychomotor and analytical skills in OMPT, based on a foundation of orthopaedic manual physical therapy education provided in the post professional physical therapy curriculum.
The Daemen College Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship Program is credentialed by the American Physical Therapy Association.
For further information on the Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship/Masters of Science in OMPT contact Ron Schenk at 716-839-8360 or at email@example.com.
Master Of Science in Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy
ORTHOPAEDIC MANUAL PHYSICAL THERAPY (30 CREDITS):
· PT704 Musculoskeletal System (4)
· PT705 Evidence Based Practice (2)
· PT720 Thrust Manipulation (3)
· PT721 Neuromuscular Mobilization (2)
· PT722 Spinal Exercise Strategies (2)
· PT723 Integrated Management of Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction (2)
· PT724 OMPT Residency (Mentorship) (3)
· PT725 Problem Solving in Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy (2)
· PT726 Research Project (2)
· PT727 Review-Objective Structured Clinical Exam (1)
· PT728 Laboratory in Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy (OMPT) (1)
· PT729 McKenzie Part A (3) (McKenzie Institute International)
· PT730 McKenzie Part B (3) (McKenzie Institute International)
TOTAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS = 30 CREDITS
For students accepted to the program after January 1, 2017 the program tuition will be $500/credit hour for the 30 credits.
Daemen College Wound Care Clinic
The clinic is dedicated to providing the highest level of Physical Therapy intervention specific to wound care. Our clinicians are Doctors of Physical Therapy and most have obtained advanced wound care education earning them the designation of Certified Wound Care Specialists.