Projected job growth from 2018-28 for physician assistants is 31 percent, much faster than average for all occupations.
Gian vital knowledge and experience to save lives. Learn to diagnose and treat patients in hospitals, clinics and more.
- Daemen physician assistant students have a 97 percent first attempt pass rate on the NCCPA Certification Exam.
- Our program is one of very few that offers a human cadaver anatomy lab taught by a full-time anatomist.
- Many clinical experiences are available, including partnerships with hundreds of sites in the Buffalo area and New York State.
- Daemen’s Center for Interprofessional Learning and Simulation (CILS) provides physician assistant studies students experiential learning opportunities to promote best practice and collaboration. This leads to improved health and wellbeing outcomes for individuals, organizations, and communities.
- All core faculty members continue to practice in various areas of medicine and bring their clinical experience into the classroom.
Hands-on Service Learning Experience
Students can participate in a wide range of service learning opportunities. Our Students Without Borders (SWOB) program has organized annual trips to the Dominican Republic since 2001, so that students can help provide medical, dental, nutritional, and humanitarian aid to the people in the surrounding villages of San Pedro de Marcoris. Over 500 patients receive care during each of these mission trips by students directly supervised by physicians, physician assistants, and dentists.
Graduates deliver medical services in doctor’s offices, hospitals, urgent care centers, emergency departments, surgical centers, correctional facilities, and more in a variety of specialties, including surgery, family practice, psychiatry, orthopedics.
Recent graduate employers
- E.J. Noble Hospital
- Dent Neurological Institute
- Rochester General Hospital
- Saint Joseph's Hospital Health Center
- Strong Health
- Unity Hospital
- WCA Hospital
- Northtown Orthopedics
- Excelsior Orthopedics
- Erie County Medical Center
- Veterans Administration
- Buffalo Medical Group
- Buffalo General Hospital
- The Exigence Group
- Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center
- Eastern Niagara Hospital
- Women and Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
- Catholic Health System
- A wide-variety of other hospitals and private practices
Daemen College is a participant in the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA). Applicants for admission must apply through CASPA.
All successful applicants must demonstrate evidence of strong mathematics and science preparation, knowledge of the profession, and superior interpersonal communication skills. A faculty interview is required. The admissions process is very competitive. Please refer to the FAQ page for more specifics on prerequisites and minimum requirements.
Daemen College reserves the right to make changes to the physician assistant curriculum, and/or entrance criteria to the three year program, and/or program and graduation requirements. All enrolled students must meet all requirements if changed or amended by Daemen College.