Option 1: Major in language on the Professional Track with a minor in Business. Complete the BA with a minimum of 30 business course credits, earn grades of B or better in the Business courses, and apply to the MBA program at Daemen College.
Option 1: Major in language on the Professional Track with a minor in Community Health Promotion. Maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average, complete service learning and internship in a health related area, apply to the MPH program.
Option 2: Three Degrees in Five Years.
Declare a dual major in language (BA) and Health Promotion (BS). Upon completion of the undergraduate degree, apply for direct entry into the MPH Program at Daemen College.
Option 1: Major in language on the Professional Track with a minor in Psychology, complete the following prerequisites PSY 216, PSY 231, SED 333, and apply to the ABA program at Daemen College.
Option 1: Major in language on the Professional Track with a minor in Social Work and apply to the MSW program at Daemen. Requirements for the application to the MSW include an overall GPA of 2.7 or higher, service learning in a social work field, completion of Human Biology with a C or better, completion of Statistics with a C or better, and submission of SAT scores.
Language Proficiency Certifications for Social Workers:
- Clinician Cultural and Linguistic Assessment - CCLA
- Bilingual Education Assessment (BEA)
- Language Testing International
- Guide to Become an Immigration Social Worker
- MSW Online
- Social Work Degree Guide - What are Some Good Foreign Languages for Social Workers to Know?
- How to Build Cultural Competence
- Do I need to Know a Foreign Language to Be a Social Worker?
- Bilingual Jobs: How Social Workers Provide Support Across Languages
- As Demand for Bilingual Social Workers in the US Outstrips Supply...
Option 1: Complete the BA in language with a minor in Global and Local Sustainability.
- Costa Rica named UN Champion of the Earth for Pioneering Role Fighting Climate Change
- Responding to Climate Change - Regional Initiatives, Africa
- Daemen College - Sustainability Program Ranked No. 1 Among Nation's Small Colleges
Option 1: Certificate Program. Enroll in the BA in language and maintain a 2.25 GPA, complete CMP 101 with a B grade or higher and PAR 210 with a C or higher at Daemen by sophomore year, and complete the five required courses and the three electives to earn a Certificate in Paralegal Studies.
Option 2: Dual Degree Program. Declare a dual major in Language and Paralegal Studies.
- For those who seek adolescent education certification in languages other than English. As a Daemen Adolescent Education in Spanish or French major, you’ll be engaged in both language and education classes throughout your time at Daemen. Students initially concentrate on core language courses that provide them with a strong understanding of the fundamentals of Spanish or French through real-life assignments both in and out of class. Education classes prepare students to have the confidence and preparation for a career in education. Our curriculum prepares students for successful completion of the Bilingual Education Assessment Exam (BEA).
- The BEA assesses knowledge and skills in the foundations of bilingual education, listening and reading comprehension, and written and oral expression. Offered in the target language of the certificate extension sought, it consists of multiple-choice questions, audiotaped listening and speaking components in English and the target language, and reading and writing components in the target language.
- For more information about the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations, including online test registration, study guides, testing schedules, and more, go to New York State Teacher Certification Examinations, and find a BEA Practice Test here.