Enrollment for this program has been paused beginning with the Fall 2022 semester
Daemen is always striving to make sure all of our programs are in-line with market demand. Current students are working directly with faculty on finishing their degree requirements. New students should contact admissions at email@example.com to learn more about sports medicine opportunities at Daemen.
Job growth in athletic training is projected to increase by 19 percent from 2012-28.
Our rigorous and comprehensive curriculum prepares students to become exceptional, leading practitioners in the evolving field of athletic training.
- Students are eligible for a 30% Tuition Scholarship, reducing the cost of their per credit hour tuition by 30% for their entire program.
- Our unique program features coursework in gross anatomy, pathology and clinical examination, rehabilitation, nutrition, professional development, and many other valuable areas.
- Innovative curriculum includes gross anatomy, concussion management, public health, and a three-semester rehabilitation sequence.
- Our gross anatomy coursework includes cadaver dissection, providing students with unique, hands-on experience.
- Clinical experiences are offered with varied populations, including professional, collegiate, high school, or non-sport settings (military, industrial, performing arts).
- Supplemental clinical experiences are available in primary care, orthopedic surgical observations, suture/injection training, and simulation.
- Students learn to treat patients through a multi-disciplinary approach considering all social and economic factors that influence health.
Athletic Training Simulation Event
This annual simulation replicates real world management of emergent and potentially catastrophic events in a guided and fully interactive environment. Students in the bachelor’s portion of the program act as standardized patients, first-year graduate students are practitioners, and second-year graduate students develop all standardized patient scenarios. By graduation, students have served in multiple roles and often state this is one of the highlights of their time at Daemen.
Athletic trainers are employed in several areas, including secondary schools, colleges and universities, professional sports, sports medicine clinics, physician offices, military, performing arts, and in the industrial and commercial settings.
Employers of alumni include
- Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center
- Excelsior Orthopaedics
- North Carolina State University
- University at Buffalo
- University of Maryland
- Utah Jazz
- University of Rochester Sports Medicine
- Inova Sports Medicine Surgical First Assist
- Fingers Lakes Health
- University of North Florida
- Venesco LLC Maneuver Tactical Athlete Care
- NFL, New Orleans Saints
Applications are processed until April 15, 2022, for classes beginning on May 23, 2022.
Applicants eligible for consideration for the direct entry Master’s in Athletic Training program require an earned baccalaureate degree (B.S. or B.A.) in a related field with a minimum overall and prerequisite GPAs of 2.75 out of 4.0. They must also have successfully completed (with grade letter of C or better) all coursework listed in the prerequisite worksheet.
Degree and credit analysis for direct entry students is completed by our graduate admissions office and the athletic training department chair.
Applicants can apply to the program through the centralized application service, ATCAS.
- Observation Hours
- Due to COVID-19 concerns, we are not requiring students to obtain observation hours as part of the athletic training application.
- Two Graduate Reference Report (PDF) forms, one must be completed by a BOC Certified Athletic Trainer.
- Completed Prerequisite Worksheet (PDF), which includes a biographical sketch (brief narrative describing your goal/philosophy related to personal, academic, professional development, interest in athletic training, and/or relative background in another allied health progression).
- Copy of current resume.
- Copy of current CPR/AED and first aid cards.
- Read the Technical Standards and submit the signed Technical Standards Verification Form (DOC).
- Please have all university level academic work transcripts sent to the Daemen College Office of Admissions.
Selected students will be invited for an interview.
To ensure that all students have successfully met the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education competencies, the program will not grant substantial credit for learning derived from experience. The program will evaluate students on an individual basis to determine transfer equivalencies not to exceed six transfer credits.
Scholarships may not be combined; students may only receive one scholarship.
Graduate Merit Scholarship
Thirty percent off the graduate per credit hour tuition rate awarded to accepted athletic training students who have earned an undergraduate GPA of 2.7 or above.
Americorps Matching Scholarship
Awarded to accepted students who have completed an Americorps service commitment. Daemen College will match the 100 percent of the Segal Americorps Education Award or provide a 30 percent tuition scholarship discount for Americorps alumni enrolling in our program.
Graduate Alumni Scholarship
Additional scholarships may be available for alumni. Please contact your admissions counselor for more information.