Future Students

Who can apply to Daemen IELP?

You must be 18 years of age ( or 17 and a high school graduate).

Strive for excellence in English

Application Procedure: Four Easy Steps!

Step 1

Fill out the application form completely. Your name and date of birth must be the same as recorded in your passport.

Step 2

  • Get copies of your high school transcript
  • Get previous college transcripts
  • Get official copies of your test scores
  • Copy of bio page of passport

Step 3

Obtain a financial guarantee letter from your bank (bank statements not accepted). If you are planning to come for one full year, you must show a minimum of the amount for tuition for the IELP plus $16,000 for one year of living expenses. Download a Sample Statement of Financial Guarantee.

Step 4

The non-refundable tuition deposit fee is $100. Payment can be made by credit card or bank transfer. You will be prompted to pay the application fee at the end of the application.

Download the PDF application or apply online.


If your primary purpose for entering the United States is to study, you must obtain an F-1 student visa. To get an F-1 visa, you need to apply to IELP and submit the required documents.

IELP will send you a Certificate of Eligibility (an I-20 form). You can use the I-20 form to apply for an F-1 student visa by paying the SEVIS fee on-line, making a visa appointment at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate, and then bringing your current financial documents and other required items to your visa appointment. You should contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate in your country for exact requirements.

If you are already in the United States on a student visa, a transfer between schools may be arranged by submitting a complete application to IELP as a transfer student and then asking your current school’s Immigration Advisor for assistance transferring your SEVIS record to IELP. If you enter the United States on a tourist visa, you may study part-time in IELP, but if you do so you will not be eligible to change from tourist to F-1student status while remaining in the United States.

Health Insurance

If you are studying at IELP as an F-1 student, you must purchase health insurance through Daemen or a private company. IELP does not accept any foreign health insurance policies.

Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Immunization

IELP requires verification of measles immunization for all students born after December 31, 1956. You will not be permitted to register without verified proof (which usually appears as measles (rubeola)/ mumps/ rubella (MMR) on your health records). One measles (rubeola) vaccination given after December 1, 1979 is required. A second measles vaccination will be required later if you continue for a second session at IELP. The Student Health Form must be completed and submitted with all necessary immunization information.

Transfer Students

Transfer students are students who are already studying in the United States and would like to change schools. Students who wish to transfer should contact the student advisor at their current school.

Conditional Admission to Daemen

To learn more see the Conditional Admission page.

World of Opportunity Wizard

Wow! Did you know Daemen’s faculty members are active in their own education?

Natural Sciences Professor Brenda Young will be attending the Fulbright Academy of Science and Technology in Panama and presenting a paper on our sustainability efforts.

Start Your Journey Now Close