Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies
All degree programs require completion of the Core Curriculum. A complete description of the core and its requirements is available in the Core Curriculum section of the Daemen catalogue. Courses which satisfy a portion or complete a core requirement will have such designation indicated after the course title.
MAJOR: 43 credits
- REL105 God & Violence (3) - CC
- REL109 Contemporary Religious Thought (3) - ME
- REL200 Introduction to the Old Testament (3)
- REL309 The Holocaust (3) - ME
- REL221 Introduction to the New Testament (3) - ME
- REL322 The Gospels (3) -- AA
- REL308 The Religious & Spiritual Traditions of the World (3) - CC
- REL331 Reading List (2)
- REL332 Reading List (2)
- REL443 Proseminar (3) - CS; IL; RP; UD; WI
- RELIGIOUS STUDIES ELECTIVES: 24 credits selected with departmental advisement
CORE: 45 credits
- CMP101 English Composition (3) - CS; ILIT; WI
- IND101 Sustainable & Critical Relationships (3)
Foreign Language and Core Electives: 39 credits
Foreign Language Requirement:Students must demonstrate proficiency in a foreign language through the intermediate level. The requirement may be satisfied through the completion of college level coursework or the successful completion of a proficiency examination. A complete description of the requirement is available in the Foreign Language section of the Daemen catalogue.
FREE ELECTIVES: 34 credits:Courses used to fulfill the free electives may but are not required to have a competency. A maximum of 6 credits may be taken in Religious Studies courses.
TOTAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS = 122 CREDITS
Admission to Upper Division Requirements
- An overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better.
- A grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better in Religious Studies courses.
- Students who do not meet the above criteria may petition the department for an exception to be made when circumstances warrant it.
NOTE: Career Field Experiences and International Studies options are available by advisement.
An overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.00
Suggested Course Sequence
Access the suggested course sequence for the BA, Religious Studies, from the Philosophy and Religious Studies Department web page or the Program Plans site on the Registrar’s web page.