Clubs & Organizations
Psi Chi, The International Honor Society in Psychology
Psi Chi is an Honor Society that offers many benefits to membership, though it has strict eligibility criteria. To be eligible for membership in the Daemen College Chapter, one:
- Must be enrolled as a student at Daemen College
- Must have an established Daemen College QPA
- Must have at least 36 credits completed
- Must be enrolled as a major or minor in Psychology
- Must have completed at least 9 credits of courses offered in Psychology
- Must have an overall QPA in the top 35% of their class (this is different for sophomores, juniors and seniors, and it varies from year to year)
- Must have at least a 3.00 QPA in the major
Each spring, eligible students are notified and invited to participate. For more information, please visit http://www.psichi.org/ or contact Dr. Kashino in the Psychology Department.
The Psychology Club spends much of its time together raising money for charity and engaging in community service activities.
The Psychology Club sponsors TGIF (Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Pediatric Cancer and "Sing like nobody is listening"), "Cooks for Kids" at the Ronald McDonald House, bake sales and basket raffles. It also participates in a Talent Showcase, where proceeds are donated to Big Brother Big Sister and Alex’s Lemonade Stand. Club Officers plan to have a clinical psychologist to speak to the club this year and participate in other academic related topics. Finally, the club is planning to host a conference next spring.
Prospective members get involved by coming to interest meetings at the start of each semester and participating in club events..
The Psychology Club meets two to three times a month.
Special Thompson, firstname.lastname@example.org