Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society - Pi Zeta Chapter
About Sigma Theta Tau
The mission of the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International is to support the learning, knowledge, and professional development of nurses committed to making a difference in health worldwide.
The vision of the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International is to create a global community of nurses who lead in using knowledge, scholarship, service and learning to improve the health of the world’s people.
There are three categories of membership:
- Membership is open to students of nursing baccalaureate programs who have achieved at least a grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, and who are in the highest 35% of their class in scholarship.
- Membership is open to students in nursing graduate study programs who have achieved a grade point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. Students in doctoral or post-doctoral programs are eligible if they have achieved a grade point average of at least 3.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Membership is open to registered nurses in the community who possess a baccalaureate degree and who have demonstrated marked achievement in nursing leadership.
There is an annual induction of new members.
The Pi Zeta chapter provides:
- Monetary awards for nursing research (Link to- The Annual scholarship/Research Award and Research Grant Program Description and Application)
- Monetary awards for conference attendance (Link to- The Annual scholarship/Research Award and Conference Scholarship Description and Application)
- Sponsorship of nursing research conferences
- Journal club (TBA)
Sigma Theta Tau
- Access to the Virginia Henderson Library
- Quarterly peer reviewed journal
- Other reading materials
Events and Announcements
- Chapter meetings coincide with District 1 Legislative Meeting a “meet the candidates” night and District 1 Research Day.,
- Summer get-together and annual meeting TBA
Board and Contacts
- President: Kelly Whitver
- Vice President: Mary D’Angelo
- Past President: Zena Hyman
- Treasurer: Mary Lou Rusin
- Secretary: Deborah Carrasquillo
- Faculty Advisor: Lynda Cessario