Direct Entry MS, Athletic Training
ATHLETIC TRAINING (65 CREDITS):
- ATH500/L Introduction to Emergency Athletic Care (3/0)
- ATH501/L Foundations of Athletic Training (3)
- ATH509/L Gross Anatomy (6/0)
- ATH510/L-511/L Pathology and Clinical Examination I/II (4/0; 4/0)
- ATH512 Neuroscience (3)
- ATH515/L Musculoskeletal Fitness Assessment and Training (3/0)
- ATH520/L Therapeutic Agents (4/0)
- ATH521 Pharmacology in Sports Medicine (2)
- ATH522 General Medical Conditions (3)
- ATH523/L Therapeutic Intervention (4/0)
- ATH524 Sports Nutrition (2)
- ATH525 Organization and Administration in Athletic Training (3)
- ATH530 Psychosocial Aspects in Athletic Training (3)
- ATH580 Research Methods (3)
- ATH581/582 Research Seminar I/II (1/2)
- ATH590/592/593/594 Athletic Training: Practical Application I/II/III/IV (3/3/3/3)
MS: TOTAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS = 65 CREDITS
- Baccalaureate degree.
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.75.
- Completion of the following prerequisite studies with a minimum grade of C and combined GPA of 2.75: anatomy with lab (4 credits); physiology with lab (4 credits); exercise physiology (3 credits); kinesiology/biomechanics (3 credits); nutrition (3 credits); chemistry with lab (4 credits); physics with lab (4 credits); psychology (3 credits); statistics (3 credits).
- Students must submit documentation of at least 50 hours of athletic training exposure under the supervision of a certified athletic trainer, with 15 of these hours being in a traditional Athletic Training setting such as a high school or college. Applicants may use the Daemen Athletic Training Student Observation Record form available on the Athletic Training website or submit a letter signed by a Certified Athletic Trainer with dates, number of hours, and setting.
- Students must submit 2 character references (one must be completed by a certified Athletic Trainer. (Applicants may use the Graduate Reference report available on the Daemen Athletic Training website.)
- Biographical sketch (brief, no greater than 2 pages double spaced, narrative describing your goal/philosophy related to a personal, academic, professional and service development, interest in athletic training, and/or relevant background in another allied health profession).
- CPR/AED certification.
- First Aid certification.
- Complete the Application materials.
- Satisfactory completion of all requirements as per the terms set forth by the Athletic Training Education Program and the Athletic Training Department.
- Athletic Training students must complete a minimum of 800 clinical experience hours
Suggested Course Sequence
Access the suggested course sequence for the Direct Entry MS, Athletic Training, from the Athletic Training Department web page or the Program Plans site on the Registrar's web page.