Business Administration Undergraduate Programs
Specializations: General Business, Human Resource Management, International Business, Marketing, and Sport Management.
The following minors are open only to students in Accounting or Business degree programs or to students who have also completed the General Business minor:
Business Administration Department Mission
The Business Administration curriculum will assist in preparing students for business related roles in an increasingly complex global economy. Our program recognizes the importance of studying liberal arts while developing professional business related skills. As students progress through our program, their ability to think contextually, critically and ethically will be enhanced. There will be considerable focus on developing students' interpersonal, intercultural and written communication skills. Through such a foundation, students will be better prepared to contribute positively to their local and global business communities.
The Business Administration degree will provide exposure to the total business organization through the presentation of functional, technical and human skills based coursework. Particular emphasis will be placed on diversity, ethics and international issues. This broad-based exposure will be fine-tuned by coursework within an area of specialization chosen by the student. Specialization related internship experiences will supplement a student’s classroom knowledge, build professional interpersonal skills, develop liaisons with the business community, and provide concrete, resume building work experience.
Key to students' success in this integrated learning curriculum is assuming an active role in his or her own education and understanding that learning is a lifelong process. Daemen College business faculty will be available to encourage and mentor students while providing the initial foundation for this process. Students will be prepared and encourage to grow continuously in their personal and professional lives.
The Business Administration program is designed to help students achieve the following student learning objectives:
- The necessary skills to use technology effectively to both develop and apply other competencies.
- Knowledge of the functional areas of accounting, marketing, finance and management.
- Knowledge of the legal, social, global and economic environments of business.
- Knowledge of the ethical obligations and responsibilities of business.
- Research skills for the purpose of gathering information to solve business related problems.
- The ability to use statistical and computer generated decision support tools.
- The ability to communicate effectively.
- The ability to apply knowledge of business concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
- The ability to apply academic knowledge in a business setting through internships or other relevant business experience.
College Preparatory Mathematics through Trigonometry (NYS Math 11) is recommended for all students entering the Business Administration Department.
That’s the best way to really get a feel for what Daemen is all about! Daemen is located in suburban Amherst, New York just minutes away from the city of Buffalo. To schedule a weekday individual interview and tour the campus, email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.462.7652.