Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
All degree programs require completion of the Core Curriculum. A complete description of the core and its requirements is available in the Core Curriculum section of the Daemen catalogue. Courses which satisfy a portion or complete a core requirement will have such designation indicated after the course title.
MAJOR AND SPECIALIZATION/TRACK: 60 credits
MAJOR: 45 credits
- ACC225 Financial Accounting (3) - CT
- ACC226 Managerial Accounting (3)
- BA101 Introduction to Business Administration (1)
- BA211 Effective Business Communications (3) - WI
- BA220 Diversity & Cross Cultural Management (3) - AA; WI
- BA350 Business Law I (3)
- BA401 Business Professional and Personal Horizons (2)
- BA443 Proseminar (3) - ILIT; RP; WI
- FIN325 Corporate Finance (3)
- MGQ221 Business Statistics I (3) - QL
- MGT208 Principles of Management (3)
- MGT321 Organizational Behavior & Theory (3)
- MIS280 Computer Studies and Problem Solving (3) - CT
- MKT209 Principles of Marketing (3)
- Business Electives: 6 credits
SPECIALIZATION: 15 credits Select one from the following specializations . Note that some courses may fulfill core competencies and/or other core requirements. (Competency and/or other core requirements are indicated after the course title.) Consult the course descriptions available in the College catalogue and accessible from the course schedules published on the Daemen web site.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE MAJOR: 6 credits
- CFE97 Career Preparation Seminar (0)
- 3 credits in an upper level Career Field Experience is required of all Business Administration majors. It is strongly recommended that students in the Sport Management specialization complete an additional 3 credits in Career Field Experience as part of their 9 credits of free electives. Sport Management students should complete the Career Field Experiences in the Junior and Senior years (3 credits taken in the Junior year and 3 credits taken in the Senior year). Students must possess a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 and permission of a Business faculty member in order to enroll in the Career Field Experience. Students may petition the Department Chair to waive the Career Field Experience requirement if they have comparable, relevant work experience.
- MGQ360 Production & Operations Management (3)
- MGQ427 Managerial Decision Making (3)
- MTH131 Calculus & Mathematics for Business and Social Sciences --CT; QL
NOTE: Students planning to pursue a graduate degree in Business are advised to take MTH131. If MTH131 is taken, it will count as part of the 45 CORE credits, thereby INCREASING required Free Electives from 9 to 12 credits.
CORE: 45 credits
- CMP101 English Composition (3) -- CS; ILIT; WI
- ECO201 Principles of Microeconomics (3) -- CT
- ECO202 Principles of Macroeconomics (3) -- CT
- IND101 Sustainable & Critical Relationships (3)
- Core Electives: 33 credits
- STUDENTS PURSUING THE INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS SPECIALIZATION: Foreign Language Requirement: Students must demonstrate proficiency in a foreign language through the intermediate level. The requirement may be satisfied through the completion of college level coursework or the successful completion of a proficiency examination. A complete description of the requirement is available in the Foreign Language section of the Daemen catalogue.
FREE ELECTIVES: 9 credits With the exception of Economics (ECO), Management Information Systems (MIS), Quantitative Management (MGQ) and Paralegal Studies (PAR), courses offered by the Accounting/Information Systems and Business Administration Department are not allowed. Courses used to fulfill the free electives may but are not required to have a core competency. NOTE: It is strongly recommended that students in the Sport Management specialization complete an additional 3 credits in Career Field Experience as part of their 9 credits of free electives.
TOTAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS = 120 CREDITS
Upper Division Requirements
In order to successfully proceed through the upper division (300 and 400 level) course requirements, the student must complete the following:
- Minimum grades of C must be achieved in the following: ACC225; ACC226; BA101; BA211; BA220; CMP101; ECO201; ECO202; MGQ221; MGT208; MIS280; MKT209.
- The student must have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.50.
- In addition to those courses referenced above, minimum grades of C must be achieved in the following: BA350; BA401; FIN325; MGT321 AND all courses in the specialization.
- An overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.00.
- The student must complete 10 hours of community service per year enrolled at Daemen College. This may be completed within BA 101, BA 401, Department Club activities or other approved community service events.
Suggested Course Sequence
Access the suggested course sequence for the BS, Business Administration, from the Accounting and Business Administration Department web page or the Program Plans site on the Registrar's web page.
That’s the best way to really get a feel for what Daemen is all about! Daemen is located in suburban Amherst, New York just minutes away from the city of Buffalo. To schedule a weekday individual interview and tour the campus, email us email@example.com or call 800.462.7652.