What Makes It Great
- As a Daemen education major, you will get field experience in actual classrooms starting your freshman year-as opposed to junior year in many other programs-giving you more confidence with students and preparation for your career.
- Small class sizes help facilitate enhanced interaction with faculty members dedicated to teaching excellence and providing personal attention to each student.
- This hands-on approach, combined with small classes and exceptional instruction, has led our combined pass rates on the annual New York State Teacher Certification Examinations to consistently exceed 90%.
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Childhood Education (1-6)
- Bachelor of Science in Childhood Education/Special Education (1-6)
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education/Special Education (B-2)
- Bachelor of Science in Visual Arts Education (K-12)
- Bachelor of Arts in Adolescence Education: English (7-12)
- Bachelor of Arts in Adolescence Education: French (7-12)
- Bachelor of Arts in Adolescence Education: Spanish (7-12)
- Bachelor of Arts in Adolescence Education: Mathematics (7-12)
- Bachelor of Arts in Adolescence Education: Social Studies (7-12)
- Bachelor of Science in Adolescence Education: Biology (7-12)
- New York State Initial Certification
Masters in Special Education
Weekend Masters Programs
DUE TO NEW STATE AND FEDERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS, DAEMEN COLLEGE HAS DECIDED NOT TO RECRUIT AND/OR ENROLL NEW STUDENTS INTO THESE PROGRAM OPTIONS FOR THE SPRING 2013 AND FALL 2014 SEMESTERS.
MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THE STATUS OF THESE PROGRAM OPTIONS WILL BE POSTED DURING THE FALL 2014 SEMESTER.
Minors and More
- New York State Initial Certification: Students wishing to teach at the secondary level can earn a B.A. or B.S. degree in one of several academic areas and complete a sequence of education courses leading to New York State Initial Certification for grades 7 through 12.
- Certification is offered at Daemen in the following areas: English, French, Mathematics, Natural Sciences-Biology, Social Studies, Spanish, and Visual Arts Education (Kindergarten through 12th grade).
- Students are exposed to both urban and suburban educational settings.
- Participate in extensive service-learning experiences through Daemen’s partnership with nearby Seneca-Babcock neighborhood.
- On going activities include an after-school tutoring program and a summer reading camp for elementary students with serious reading difficulties.
- Extensive range of field experience opportunities that will match the interests of the student teacher candidate
- Quality faculty helps ensure that students obtain the best knowledge in the field of education and that they are consistently encouraged to achieve their highest potential.
- Our experienced faculty in the education department have degrees from top graduate institutions including: the University of Missouri, University at Buffalo, George Washington University, University of Cincinnati, Florida State University, and Ohio State University.
Childhood Teacher, Inclusion Teacher, Early Childhood Teacher, Early Childhood Special Education Teacher, Special Education Teacher. Teacher of English, French, Mathematics, Natural Sciences-Biology, Social Studies, Spanish and Visual Arts Education.
Recent Graduates’ Jobs
Curriculum/technology director, Cattaraugus Little Valley School District; teachers, Amherst County School District, Buffalo Public Schools, Clarence Center Preschool, Jewish Community Center, Baltimore Public Schools and the New York City Board of Education.
Majors & Programs
Undergraduate Minors & Specializations
That’s the best way to really get a feel for what Daemen is all about! Daemen is located in suburban Amherst, New York just minutes away from the city of Buffalo. To schedule a weekday individual interview and tour the campus, email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.462.7652.