Due to new State and Federal education requirements, Daemen College has decided not to recruit and/or enroll new students into these program options for the spring 2013 and fall 2013 semesters.
More information regarding the status of these program options will be posted during the fall 2013 semester
Applicants for admission must meet the following requirements
- For the childhood program: A 30 credit hour content specialization or the equivalent which would be 5 one credit courses at the university level in Ontario or 10 half credit courses. One-half university credit is required in Math, English, Social Studies and Science. In addition, one-half credit is required in a foreign language (3 years in high school is also permitted).
- For the adolescent program: A 30 credit hour content specialization in a first teaching area and 18 credit hour content specialization in a second teaching area (30 if biology or foreign language). In addition, one-half credit is required in a foreign language (3 years in high school is also permitted). The following teachable subjects are acceptable:
- Science: Biology
- Social Studies: Geography
- Social Studies: History
- Social Studies: Law
- Social Studies: Politics
- Possession of a bachelors degree from an accredited University or an equivalent degree from a foreign University.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably including one professional reference and one character reference.
- A one page letter of intent (500 words) including a description of your educational objectives and areas of personal interest.
- Submission of a resume summarizing professional activities and completed continuing education courses.
- An I -20 (for international students - after acceptance). (Links to PDF of How to fill out Proof of Support and Proof of Support)
- A grade point average equivalent of 3.0 or higher.
- If the GPA is below a 3.0 some students may be asked to write the LAST
The Application for Admission will be reviewed for the completeness by the Admissions Office. The student will be notified in writing if the application is incomplete. It is the responsibility of the applicant to insure that the application is complete by the appropriate deadline.
Registration for new students is done by the Weekend Education Program Admissions Office. You will be registered and placed into the appropriate sections depending on your certification request of Childhood or Adolescence. We will walk you through the entire process and ensure that any questions that you have will be answered along the way.
That’s the best way to really get a feel for what Daemen is all about! Daemen is located in suburban Amherst, New York just minutes away from the city of Buffalo. To schedule a weekday individual interview and tour the campus, email us email@example.com or call 800.462.7652.