Classes are held Friday 6pm-10pm and Saturday 9am-4pm.
The program is 16 months (4 consecutive semesters), the final semester is reserved for the student teaching practicum.
Master of Science in Childhood Education (1-6) Initial Professional Certification
Master of Science in Adolescence Education: Initial Professional Certification (7-12)
- 3 credit hours of a language other than English
- 5 full or 10 half credits concentration in first teaching area
- 3 full or 6 half credits in second teaching area (Biology, French & Spanish require 5 full or 10 half credits)
- completion of NYS Child Abuse & Project SAVE seminars
- passage of NYS Teacher exams: LAST, ATS-W & CONTENT SPECIALTY TEST
- 100 clock hours of classroom observations (spread over CSP coursework)
- Those seeking NYS certification must also submit to fingerprinting.
That’s the best way to really get a feel for what Daemen is all about! Daemen is located in suburban Amherst, New York just minutes away from the city of Buffalo. To schedule a weekday individual interview and tour the campus, email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.462.7652.