Due to new State and Federal education requirements, Daemen College has decided not to recruit and/or enroll new students into these program options for the spring 2013 and fall 2013 semesters.
More information regarding the status of these program options will be posted during the fall 2013 semester
Classes are held Friday 6pm-10pm and Saturday 9am-4pm.
The program is 16 months (4 consecutive semesters), the final semester is reserved for the student teaching practicum.
Master of Science in Childhood Education (1-6) Initial Professional Certification
Master of Science in Adolescence Education: Initial Professional Certification (7-12)
- 3 credit hours of a language other than English
- 5 full or 10 half credits concentration in first teaching area
- 3 full or 6 half credits in second teaching area (Biology, French & Spanish require 5 full or 10 half credits)
- completion of NYS Child Abuse & Project SAVE seminars
- passage of NYS Teacher exams: LAST, ATS-W & CONTENT SPECIALTY TEST
- 100 clock hours of classroom observations (spread over CSP coursework)
- Those seeking NYS certification must also submit to fingerprinting.
That’s the best way to really get a feel for what Daemen is all about! Daemen is located in suburban Amherst, New York just minutes away from the city of Buffalo. To schedule a weekday individual interview and tour the campus, email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.462.7652.