Weekend Education Program for Canadian Students
Due to new State and Federal education requirements, Daemen College has decided not to recruit and/or enroll new students into these program options for the spring 2013 and fall 2013 semesters.
More information regarding the status of these program options will be posted during the fall 2013 semester
- 16 month Master’s degree program
- 12 months of classes and 4 months of student teaching
- Convenient Friday (6pm-10pm) and Saturday (9am-4pm) classes
- Most classes are web enhanced, come to campus only every other weekend
- Leads to certification in both New York and Ontario
- Designed for the non-traditional student
- Choice of two separate tracks: Childhood (Grades 1-6) or Adolescence (Grades 7-12)
The Weekend Education Program offers diverse instructional programs that integrate the most current research in educational theory and practice with practical experience in K-12 classrooms.
As a student in the Daemen College Weekend Education Program you will experience the best of two worlds; You will receive the benefits of face-to-face instruction while on campus with the flexibility to work at your own pace to individualize your learning experience through online learning. Read more...
Students seeking more information on the Weekend Education Program also found these pages helpful:
The program is intended to foster a learning environment that extends beyond national borders. In this program you will be exposed to a unique opportunity on the Daemen College campus in Western New York, and the luxury of classroom observation + student teaching in Ontario.
On the site you will find a detailed list of the courses offered in Childhood and Adolescence education, academic requirements, tuition, financial aid information, and travel information.
For information/application packets please email firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
- Full postal address
- Phone number
- Last university attended
- Program choice (either Childhood or Adolescence)
If you have questions or concerns, we’ll be happy to answer them. Contact the Weekend Education Program Admissions Office at: 1-888-518-5580.
- Online Graduate Application
- Letter Of Intent
- Official Transcripts From All Colleges | Universities Attended, Showing Proof of Bachelor's Degree
- High School Transcripts (only for gr. 13 / OAC credits)
- Two Letters of Reference
- Students MAY be asked to write the LAST ( for more info go to www.nystce.nesinc.com), it will be determined once the transcripts have been reviewed.
- A grade point average equivalent to 3.0 or above. Students with below a 3.0 may be asked to write the LAST.
- NYS requires the completion of several health forms, which will be provided to you upon acceptance.
- While not a condition of admission, a Criminal Records Check must be done between acceptance and the start of classes
- View more information on program requirements.
That’s the best way to really get a feel for what Daemen is all about! Daemen is located in suburban Amherst, New York just minutes away from the city of Buffalo. To schedule a weekday individual interview and tour the campus, email us email@example.com or call 800.462.7652.