The Philosophy of the Executive Leadership and Change Master of Science Program: Effective leaders have an accurate sense of themselves. They model, teach, and advocate the values of authenticity, empowerment, creative and critical thinking. To promote collaboration, trust and community building, they take advantage of diversity of style, experience and culture . Executive leaders understand and facilitate change to meet the challenges of an increasingly complex, fast-paced, global society. Leaders need the skills to create and communicate a positive view of the future, which is in harmony with the values of their organization and the larger community. The role of the leader is to then facilitate this transition.
In keeping with Daemen College's belief that leadership is fundamentally service, the leader's role is defined to include a sense of civic responsibility and ethical decision making. The interdisciplinary curriculum provides participatory interactive experiences and opportunities for reflection as the primary methods for exploring leadership and change.
The Executive Leadership and Change program characterizes leadership as an on-going learning process, thus building capacity in the leader, their organizations and in the other team members involved in leading positive change.
- Apply contemporary leadership models and theories as they analyze and shape personal leadership style of the student (develop personal Mission – Vision, Strategic Goals and Learning Objectives).
- Change behavior through self-knowledge, cultural sensitivity, team dynamics and systems thinking.
- Reflect on their experience when applying new knowledge, skills and approaches.
- Develop skills for effective leadership guided by ethical values.
- Nurture creative and critical thinking skills necessary to effect personal and organizational change.
- Integrate the advantages of a liberal learning philosophy into a framework of leadership skills and organizational behaviors.
- Acknowledge and fulfill their roles as leaders of change in personal, organizational and in the community specializing in Business, Health Professions, Not for Profit or Higher Education contexts.
That’s the best way to really get a feel for what Daemen is all about! Daemen is located in suburban Amherst, New York just minutes away from the city of Buffalo. To schedule a weekday individual interview and tour the campus, email us email@example.com or call 800.462.7652.