Your Checklist for Applying to Daemen College
Apply online or through the mail.
Please have your high school and/or college send an official copy of your transcript to Daemen College Admissions. Be sure to include your test scores, if you plan to have them reviewed.
Two letters of recommendation
Please have your guidance counselor complete the recommendation section of the application and submit a letter. A second letter of recommendation is required and may be written by a teacher, coach, employer, volunteer coordinator or another professional who can discuss your qualifications for admission.
Submit your $25 check or money order payable to Daemen College (fee waived for applications submitted online).
Please write an untimed essay of at least 250 words or an untimed graded paper of at least 250 words on a topic of your choice or on one of the options listed. This personal essay helps us become acquainted with you as a person and student, apart from courses, grades, test scores, and other objective data. It will also demonstrate your ability to organize your thoughts and express yourself.
- Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.
- Discuss some issue of personal, local, national, or international concern and its importance to you.
- Indicate a person who has had a significant influence on you, and describe that influence.
- Describe a character in fiction, a historical figure, or a creative work (as in art, music, science, etc.) that has had an influence on you, and explain that influence.
- A range of academic interests, personal perspectives, and life experiences adds much to the educational mix. Given your personal background, describe an experience that illustrates what you would bring to the diversity in a college community, or an encounter that demonstrated the importance of diversity to you.
Please briefly elaborate on one of your extra curricular activities or work experiences (150 words or fewer).
For Test Optional
Please provide transcripts including grade performance and rigor of courses selected, extracurricular activities, class rank, a writing sample and counselor or teacher recommendation. If you do not identify your application as test optional, we will assume you would like your test scores to be considered for your application review.
4380 Main Street
Amherst, New York 14226