If Daemen is the place you want to be,
then Early Decision may be a great plan for you!
Daemen College is excited to announce our new Early Decision application option with a four-year tuition guarantee! Starting this fall, students may apply to any of our 65+ majors as an early decision applicant. Early Decision applications are due by Nov. 2, 2020.
Early Decision students who commit to Daemen by making a tuition deposit by Friday, December 18, 2020, will have their tuition rate GUARANTEED for all four of their undergraduate years at Daemen. This means that if Daemen increases tuition during that time, your financial aid and scholarship will increase, keeping your tuition the same amount.
Daemen will still accept applications as part of our non-binding Regular Decision process, where students apply by November 25th and have until May 1 to make their deposit. After November 25th, students may choose to apply on a rolling basis any time up until the start of the fall semester. Students who apply through the Regular or Rolling Decision process are not eligible for the four-year tuition guarantee.
Is Early Decision right for you?
- Early Decision is a binding application process that allows students to apply early, receive an admissions decision by Thanksgiving, and make their college decision by December 18th, 2020.
- Once you commit to paying your tuition deposit, you are indicating that you are stopping your college search process and attending Daemen.
- Early Decision and Regular Decision applicants are treated the same in the awarding of scholarships and financial aid.
- A student who applies Early Decision can request to be moved to the Regular Decision plan. If you make this change during the application process, you will be reconsidered for admission with Regular Decision applicants.
- Please note that some programs have seat capacities and may fill with Early and Regular Decision applicants. These programs include: physician assistant , physical therapy, nursing, animation, and pre-veterinary 3+4 with Lincoln Memorial University.
Important Deadline Dates
- November 2nd, 2020: Completed Applications due
- November 2nd, 2020: Recommended date for FAFSA to be completed to ensure financial aid package is sent out by late November.
- December 18th, 2020: Tuition Deposit due for acceptance of Early Decision admission offer
Early Decision Physician Assistant Interview Date will be announced.
Daemen's Early Decision Policy
- At Daemen, students who submit a complete Early Decision application by November 2, 2020 will receive their admissions decision and financial aid package by November 30, 2020.
- If a student is not accepted through Early Decision, the student will be released from the binding agreement and will be considered with the Regular Decision pool.
- If a student is offered an Early Decision acceptance, the deadline to deposit is December 18, 2020.
- Prior to depositing, we encourage students to talk with our financial aid office about their financial aid package.
- Early Decision Nursing 1-2-1 students who are not accepted into their first choice partner school may request to be released from the conditions of Early Decision.
- If a student accepts the Early Decision offer then they will submit a $200 non-refundable tuition deposit. Upon accepting an Early Decision offer a student is required to withdraw all applications to other colleges/universities.
Frequently Asked Questions
This will be our first year implementing this process so there is no definitive answer. Traditionally admissions rates will vary depending on the decision plan you choose. However, the Early Decision process is meant for students who know they want to attend the college or university at which they apply Early Decision. Talking with admissions, financial aid, and high school counselors about the financial aspects of this decision is vitally important before committing to apply Early Decision at any school
Just one. You may apply to other schools as an Early Action or Regular Decision applicant, but you may only apply to one school Early Decision as the acceptance is a binding agreement.
Early Decision students will have the opportunity (if qualified) to interview for additional scholarships at Scholars Day, but if the scholarship is contingent on enrolling at Daemen then we encourage students to use the non-binding Regular Decision plan.