The Center for Veterans and Veteran Family Services
Daemen College thanks you for your service and welcomes you to our website. Many of your questions will be answered here, but we encourage you to take advantage of the Center for Veterans and Veteran Family Services at Daemen College for guidance.
In order to support veteran and veteran family members’ succeed in post secondary education, Daemen has established the Veteran Affairs Center. As a Military Friendly College, the Daemen’s Veterans Center strives to coordinate its services in order to help each and every veteran student – as no student is the same.
Upcoming Veterans Events
Veterans Day Breakfast - Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Military Friendly School
For the sixth year in a row Daemen College has been named a Military Friendly School by GI Jobs Magazine and Victory Media. This recognition comes after a survey of over 10,000 VA-approved schools nationwide and takes into account numerous factors important to veteran students, including military support on campus, academic credibility, and academic credit for military service.
Yellow Ribbon College Program
Daemen College is a part of the Yellow Ribbon College Program. Incoming Daemen students may be eligible for lower tuition rates and other undergraduate fees under this Post -9/11 Bill. For more information on the Yellow Ribbon click here and see if you are eligible. For FAQ click here, for facts concerning the Yellow ribbon program.
Daemen Veterans Speaker Series
Daemen Veterans Speaker Series
On May 14th, 1998 the remains of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier for the Vietnam Conflict were exhumed for DNA identification. They were found to be 1st Lt Michael Blassie, whose AC-37 Dragonfly was shot down in Vietnam twenty-six years earlier on May 11, 1972.
On January 16th, 2014 as part of the Daemen Veterans Speaker series, Colonel Patricia Blassie discussed her family's experience during the years it was first suggested her older brother's remains were in the tomb. Col Blassie's extraordinarily moving talk described her family's subsequent campaign to convince the government to investigate, through the exhumation, identification, and Michael's subsequent reburial with full military honors at the National Cemetery in St. Louis.
Her talk is available for viewing in its entirety in this touching video.
- Daemen is a small private college located in Amherst, New York, minutes from exit 50 on the New York State Thruway.
- Daemen has an excellent academic reputation.
- Our student-to-professor ratio is 15-to 1. You will not get lost in the crowd.
- Daemen offers an impressive array of majors, both undergraduate and graduate.
- In addition, Daemen has been awarded the designation of "Veteran-Friendly College". This can mean that for veterans or veteran family members qualifying for acceptance to Daemen, their college education may be fully paid by their veterans benefits.
Financial Aid Available
- There are numerous Veterans Administration and New York State Educational Assistance Programs offering financial assistance to veterans for continuing education.
- The fact is, once accepted as a student at Daemen, many veterans may find that their tuition costs are fully covered by their benefits.
- See covered benefits for detailed information about specific programs
We invite you to come in, take a tour, get a feel for the campus, the facilities, the people, and discuss the veterans benefits available to you.
The Center for Veterans and Veteran Family Services at Daemen College: Please contact Kevin Fricano @ 716-839-7678 or e-mail email@example.com.