Partners in Health Education Advanced Certificate Program Deadline is December 10
Partners in Health Education Curriculum Advanced Certificate Program Deadline is December 10
Qualified NPs, PAs, and NP and PA Students Encouraged to Apply
November 26, 2012
Information: Cathy Mann
Lisa Ball email@example.com
Daemen College Nursing Department
The Partners in Health Education for People with Disabilities Curriculum Advanced Certificate Program is supported by grant funding from the New York State Developmental Disabilities Planning Council. Daemen College is the only organization in New York State to receive two distinct awards from the Council (one to train NPs and one to train PAs).
- Intersemester 2013: HSC 515 Legal and Ethical Implications for Caregivers of Individuals with Developmental Disabilities (1 credit).
- Developmental Disabilities (1 credit).
- Spring or Fall 2013: HSC 530 Assessment of Children with Developmental Disabilities (1 credit).
- Spring or Fall 2013: HSC 532 Assessment of Adults with Developmental Disabilities (1 credit).
- Summer 2013: HSC 560 Community Care for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities (3 credits).
Enrollment in, or degree completion from, an accredited NP or PA program.
Enrollment in, or completion of, Advanced NP Health Assessment or 300-level PA Physical Assessment course or equivalent.
A written statement describing educational objectives and areas of professional and personal interest, particularly in relation to working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
Submission of resume summarizing professional activities and continuing education courses.
An interview with the PHEPD program coordinators (by telephone if an on-site interview is not possible).
All NPs, PAs, and NP and PA students who meet the above requirements are encouraged to apply by December 10, 2012. Applicants will be notified of acceptance into the program by the end of December.
For more information, or to submit an application, contact Cathy Mann firstname.lastname@example.org , Lisa Ball, email@example.com , or the Daemen College Nursing Department at (716) 839-8387.