Using Fileserver Space
- Double-click on the shortcut created on your desktop during the installation of the Configuration Tool (Windows XP,Vista and 7) or created during the manual configuration (Windows 2000, NT, 95, 98, ME)
- Enter your Username and Password
- Click OK
- When the window opens double-click on the network folder with your username on it
- This is your network space, see below
Mac OS 10.x
- In the Finder, Under the Go menu choose “Connect to to Server…” or Cmd-k
- For the Address enter 126.96.36.199
- Click "Connect"
- For Username enter your Daemen username, (i.e., "jsmith"). Do not include the "@daemen.edu"
- For Password enter your default Daemen password
- Click Connect
- Select the volume labeled with your username and click "OK"
- An icon with your username should now appear on your desktop.
- Open this icon to begin using your space
Mac OS 8.x-9.2.2
Using your fileserver space (all OSs)
Start using the opened network drive as you would a folder on your hard drive. One of the folders in your fileserver space should be called public_html. This is your web space, anything placed in this folder (public_html) can be accessed by anyone from the internet. To view your public_html folder from the web open your browser (Internet Explorer) and in the address bar type in http://daemen.edu/~your-username.
That’s the best way to really get a feel for what Daemen is all about! Daemen is located in suburban Amherst, New York just minutes away from the city of Buffalo. To schedule a weekday individual interview and tour the campus, email us email@example.com or call 800.462.7652.