On Campus Emergencies
In the event an emergency should arise on campus, the following procedures
should be followed:
- If it is of a serious nature that requires police, rescue squad and/or ambulance, dial 911 immediately,
- Always call Campus Safety at x8246 OR "0" from any campus phone. Apprise them of your precise location and the name of the individual(s) involved. Campus Safety will assist medical authorities in finding their way around campus. It is imperative that Campus Safety is alerted to any emergency.
- If the emergency is in an area where any hazardous materials may be located (such as a laboratory, print shop, art studio, etc.), please inform Campus Safety so they can let emergency responders know of any potential danger.
- If the emergency involves a student, Campus Safety will alert the Student Affairs office, as well as Susan Girard, Director of Health & Insurance Services, so she can assist the emergency team by providing pertinent information (i.e., allergies to medications) in the event the student cannot speak for him/herself. Only essential information will be released. Confidentiality of health records is safeguarded at all times.
- In our efforts to maintain confidentiality, please remove yourself from the immediate emergency area once assistance has arrived. This will not only give better access to rescue personnel, it will help ensure that confidential information is not overheard beyond those individuals who need to know. Thank you for your compassion and cooperation. You may be asked to complete an accident/incident report for Campus Safety. Your cooperation in giving an accurate and detailed account of the incident will be appreciated.
- Campus Safety can also be reached directly by dialing "0" from any campus phone.
Daemen College is located in a community that has been ranked (over the years) among the top 5 "safest communities of its size" in the nation.
As required by the Clery Act see the US Department of Education website for crime statistics as filed by colleges and universities. View Daemen College's statistics.
Family Care Medical center, located at 61 Maple Rd. in Williamsville is the primary health care provider (non-emergency situations) for Daemen College students enrolled in the Daemen College Student Health Insurance Program.
FAMILY CARE MEDICAL CENTER (716) 565-1234
61 Maple Rd.
Williamsville, NY 14221
Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (walk in, no appointment needed)
Those students covered by insurance other than the Daemen College plan can use the medical services at either of the following: (Students should call first to make sure their insurance is accepted.)
MASH Urgent Care
3980 Sheridan Dr.
Amherst, NY 14226
Seven days a week, including holidays: 8:30 am - 9:00 pm
MASH is located at the foot of Campus Drive (at Sheridan Drive) in the Dent Tower. Go around to the left side of the building, ground floor.
That’s the best way to really get a feel for what Daemen is all about! Daemen is located in suburban Amherst, New York just minutes away from the city of Buffalo. To schedule a weekday individual interview and tour the campus, email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.462.7652.