Dean's List Policy and Tuition Benefits
A matriculated undergraduate student who attains a grade point average of 3.30 in any one semester is eligible for the Dean’s list provided he/she has been enrolled for 12 credit hours of course work, 9 credit hours of which must be in course work which utilizes the letter grade (A, B, C, D, F) scale. Students earning Incomplete grades are ineligible for Dean’s List until all “I” grades for the semester have been changed.
Students classified as Graduate Students are NOT included on the Dean’s List.
Dean’s List students receive a Dean’s List Certificate which recognizes their superior scholarship; are named in a national register of Dean’s Lists; and may have their full-time tuition payment (which ordinarily covers a maximum of 17 credit hours) cover up to and including 21 credit hours in the semester immediately following the semester during which the Dean’s List status was achieved.
Applicable Terms for the Dean's List Discount
If a Student is on the Dean's List in the Fall Semester, he/she has 3 options:
- Use as a 50% reduction on one Inter-semester Class following the Fall semester, or
- Use for 18-21 credits in the Spring semester (following the Fall semester), or
- Use as a 50% reduction on one Summer Class following the Fall semester.
If a Student is on the Dean's List in the Spring Semester, he/she has 2 options
- Use as a 50% reduction on one Summer Class following the Spring semester, or
- Use for 18-21 credits in the Fall semester. This cannot be used for the Inter-semester following the new Fall Semester.
** Please note: The Summer/Inter-semester use is only a one time benefit
The discount is for Undergraduate Students ONLY and may not be used for Nursing Students already receiving a 50% reduction in tuition charges, Study Abroad or other off-campus learning experiences. If you choose to apply your Dean’s List tuition benefit to a Summer or Inter-semester course, you must notify the Student Accounts Office for appropriate adjustment of your bill.