Daemen College requires all students living in campus housing, student-athletes (club as well as intercollegiate sports), and students in health-related fields of study who will be participating in external learning experiences (clinical affiliations, internships, etc.) to be covered by health insurance that offers adequate coverage in the Buffalo/Amherst area by supplying a copy of your health insurance card.
A copy of the front and back of your health insurance card must be provided to our office at the beginning of each academic calendar year, prior to external learning experiences or any time your health insurance coverage changes. If you reside outside of the Western New York area, out-of-network or out-of-state verification of coverage in the Amherst area must be submitted along with a copy of your insurance card. Failure to do so will result in enrollment of the Daemen College Student Health Insurance Plan at the current annual cost.
International students will be enrolled in the Daemen College Student Health Insurance plan to ensure adequate coverage while in the United States.
Adequate coverage includes:
- Access to local doctors and other health care providers
- Diagnostic testing/lab services
- Prescription drugs coverage
- Outpatient mental health services
- Inpatient and outpatient hospital services
- Emergency services
- Urgent care coverage
Need Health Insurance?
Students must provide the Health & Insurance Services Office with a photocopy of their health insurance card prior to their first semester and annually thereafter.
If you do not provide proof of adequate insurance (a plan that can be used in the Buffalo/Amherst area), you will be enrolled in the Daemen insurance plan and the premium will be added to your student account. Once enrolled, the premium is non-refundable.
Please go to our health insurance administrator's web page to learn about the plan. The cost (once you have elected to enroll) will be added to your tuition bill. Please review the FAQ for this plan before going online and enrolling. You may also review the Benefit Highlight Flyer for an overview of the plan.
The staff of the Health and Insurance Services Office is happy to assist you in the enrollment process. Just give us a call at (716) 839-8446!
- Coverage as a dependent on parents' health insurance plan to the age of 26
- Coverage through Medicaid based on expanded eligibility requirements in some states
- Coverage through a Marketplace; with premium tax credit, or subsidy, if income requirements are met
- Catastrophic Plan offered through a Marketplace
- Coverage through an individual health plan offered outside of a Marketplace
- Coverage as a common law employee
- Shop a variety of health plans through Edusure. Log onto edusure.com or call 1-800-EDU-EXCHANGE
Gallagher is proud to partner with Security Life to provide you with outstanding dental care!
This plan allows students to:
- Choose their own dentist, or
- Choose a dentist in the Maximum Care PPO Network, with over 200,000 access points nationwide
Dental Insurance Benefits:
Preventative Services: includes exams and cleanings
Basic Services: includes fillings, x-rays, oral surgery and simple extractions
Major Services: includes oral surgery, crowns, bridges, endodontics and periodontics
Option to Add Vision Care Coverage: includes annual exams and covers lenses, frames and contacts
Value Added Features!
- Applicants do not need to be enrolled in a Student Health Insurance Plan to enroll for dental coverage
- Coverage available to dependents
- Automatic receipt confirmation email with ID card and copy of policy
- Online enrollment/ automatic monthly payments
Easy enrollment! Go to www.GallagherStudent.com/dental