International Student Health Requirements
Daemen College upholds the New York State law which requires students to file a record of medical examination and health history prior to attendance.
Full clearance for course registration cannot be granted until all pre-entrance medical requirements have been met. These include:
- Completed Incoming Student Health Form
- Medical history (page 2 of health form)
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire (page 2 of health form)
- Physical examination (page 3 of health form)
- Proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (if born on or after January 1, 1957)
- Informed decision regarding the Meningococcal Meningitis vaccine (regardless of age). Please view the Meningococcal Meningitis fact sheet before making a decision. To make an informed decision, students must provide one of the following:
- A record of Meningococcal Meningitis immunization within the past five (5) years
- An acknowledgement of Meningococcal Meningitis disease risks and refusal of Meningococcal Meningitis immunizations signed by the student or, if a minor, student’s parent or guardian. The waiver can be found on page 3 of the health form.
- Administration of Td/TDap toxoid within the past ten (10) years
- Proof of immunity to Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Proof of immunity to Hepatitis B
In accordance with the law, no student will be allowed to attend classes without the required information on file in the Health & Insurance Services Office.
Keys to campus housing will not be given until all the required information has been submitted to the Health & Insurance Services Office.
Daemen Health Insurance
International students will be enrolled in the Daemen College International Student Health Insurance plan to ensure adequate coverage while in the United States. Premiums for international students and student-athletes are listed below.