Freshman Orientation 2013
You may register online by going to the link at the bottom of this page.
Congratulations to those of you who have been accepted to Daemen College. The faculty and administration have been busily preparing for your arrival on campus.
We have planned two summer orientation programs which include social activities and exposure to your academic program. You will have the opportunity to meet with a faculty advisor, academic support services personnel and student affairs staff. At freshman orientation you will:
- Receive your fall course schedule.
- Meet with your academic department.
- Receive your Daemen College I.D.
- Receive your Daemen computer account and be trained on Blackboard, the online site used by all courses for submitting homework assignments, course discussions, and downloading course documents.
- Be trained on Webadvisor, the College’s online site for registering for classes, viewing your schedule, monitoring your course grades, and much more.
- Meet your orientation leaders, current students who will share their experiences at Daemen and help mentor you in your first year.
- Meet other new freshmen who will be starting in the Fall.
- Meet with representatives from each of the academic and student services on campus who will provide you with answers to frequently asked questions and provide you with information on how to best use their services and be successful at the College.
- Participate in fun activities that acquaint you with the College, the staff, and students.
Every freshmen student must choose one of two session on either July 15/16 or July 18/19. Attendance is mandatory but there are a limited number of spaces available at each session.
Dress comfortably and casually for all events.
What to Pack
Be sure to remember to pack your sleeping bags/bed linens, blanket, pillow, towels/necessities, alarm clock and a small fan.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information go to the Orientation FAQs page.
2013 Tentative Agenda
10:00am Student & Family Welcome
10:30am Freshmen Activities
11:30am Career Services
12:00pm Service Learning
12:15pm Health/Insurance Services & Counseling Services
1:00pm Orientation Leader Meetings
2:00pm Introduction to the Core Competencies
2:45pm Orientation Leader Meetings
3:15pm Game On!
4:15pmResident & Commuter Meetings (w/families)
6:00pm Dinner & Entertainment
11:00pm Pizza Delivery
10:00am Meet with Orientation Leaders
10:15am Making the Rounds
2:30pm Schedules 101
3:00pm Academic Department Meetings
3:50pm Orientation Leader Meetings
4:15pm Closing Session
4:30pm Check Out
Have questions or want more details? Go to the Frequently Asked Questions Page.
(You will need your login and password to sign into Daemen Connection. If you do not know yours feel free to contact the admissions office (716-839-8225) to request them.)
Feel Free to Contact Us!
Do you have a question that was not answered above? Feel free to contact the office of Orientation & Student Leadership at 716-839-8494 or at the orientation information request page. Do you have a question that was not answered above? Feel free to contact the office of Orientation & Student Leadership at 716-839-8494 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
April 28 orientation materials will be made available to all students who have paid their tuition deposits. See link above to make your reservation.