Freshman Orientation 2015
All students who have paid their tuition deposits may make their reservations at the link below.
Congratulations to those of you who have been accepted to Daemen College. The faculty and administration have been busily preparing for your arrival on campus.
We have planned two summer orientation programs which include social activities and exposure to your academic program. You will have the opportunity to meet with a faculty advisor, academic support services personnel and student affairs staff. At freshman orientation you will:
- Receive your fall course schedule.
- Meet with your academic department.
- Receive your Daemen College I.D.
- Receive your Daemen computer account and be trained on Blackboard, the online site used by all courses for submitting homework assignments, course discussions, and downloading course documents.
- Be trained on Webadvisor, the College’s online site for registering for classes, viewing your schedule, monitoring your course grades, and much more.
- Meet your orientation leaders, current students who will share their experiences at Daemen and help mentor you in your first year.
- Meet other new freshmen who will be starting in the Fall.
- Meet with representatives from each of the academic and student services on campus who will provide you with answers to frequently asked questions and provide you with information on how to best use their services and be successful at the College.
- Participate in fun activities that acquaint you with the College, the staff, and students.
Every freshmen student must choose one of two session on either July 13/14 or July 16/17. Attendance is mandatory but there are a limited number of spaces available at each session.
Dress comfortably and casually for all events.
What to Pack
Be sure to remember to pack your sleeping bags/bed linens, blanket, pillow, towels/necessities, alarm clock and a small fan.
A one-time freshman student fee of $175 will be added to your fall tuition bill. This fee covers the cost of food, lodging, activities, staffing, and all materials used during freshman student events including Summer Orientation, Welcome Back Programs, and first year student programming.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have additional questions about orientation? For more information go to the Orientation FAQs page.
2015 Tentative Agenda
10:00am Student & Family Welcome
10:40am Health & Insurance Services/Counseling Services
11:00pm Service Learning
11:15pm Career Services
11:40pm Freshmen Activities
1:15pm Orientation Leader Meetings
2:15pm Commute/Resident Student Meetings
3:00pm Introduction to Core Competencies
3:45pm Orientation Leader Meetings
4:15pm Game On!
5:00pm Break or choice of:
6:00pm Dinner & David Coleman
11:00pm Pizza delivery
9:00am Breakfast for all students
Vison Student Breakfast (by invitation only)
10:15am Orientation Leader Meetings
10:40am Making the Rounds
2:30pm Schedules 101
3:00pm Academic Department meetings
3:50pm Orientation Leader Meetings
4:15pm Closing Remarks
Have questions or want more details? Go to the Frequently Asked Questions Page.
Make Your reservation today! (You will need your login and password to sign into Daemen Connection. If you do not know yours feel free to contact the admissions office (716-839-8225) to request them.)
Registration for Summer 2015 will open in May
Feel Free to Contact Us!
Do you have a question that was not answered above? Feel free to contact the office of Orientation & Student Leadership at 716-839-8494 or at the orientation information request page. Do you have a question that was not answered above? Feel free to contact the office of Orientation & Student Leadership at 716-839-8494 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
In May orientation materials will be made available to all students who have paid their tuition deposits. See link above to make your reservation.