Daemen College is committed to providing the same high-quality experience to students whether they are here on campus or online. Through resources, support, events, and oversight, we help ensure the very best online experience for faculty and students.
With the support of the Daemen College Library, the LibGuide is provided for faculty engaging in their own research or practice with online. It is also a resource used in faculty development for online teaching. Visit the LibGuide here.
- Develop a thorough and contemporary researched position for including distance education in either truly online or hybrid modalities for Daemen College which includes scholarship from varying disciplines and perspectives.
- Develop a plan for faculty development that includes conferences, workshops, speakers, and in-house sessions based on faculty input and experience.
- Develop knowledge of regulatory and accreditation knowledge regarding distance education.
- Put in place a framework for distance education quality at the institutional, program, and course levels.
- Provide guidance to EPC and P&T committees on matters of distance education and use of electronic materials (eg, open-educational resources).
For resources or support with Distance Education, faculty are referred to the office of Information Technology: