Donor funded scholarships through Institutional Advancement
The importance of thanking your donor:
Scholarship donors are generous and caring people who give because they believe in the mission of Daemen College and want to support the educational endeavors of our students. A short note of gratitude from you affirms the value and significance of their contributions and encourages their continued philanthropic support.
Keep letters brief, but make sure to tell the donor(s) about yourself, the impact their generosity has on your education, as well as future goals that are supported by the educational funding that has been provided.
- Tell your story.
- Why did you choose to attend Daemen College?
- How is this scholarship meaningful to you?
- Why did you choose your major/minor or expected major/minor?
- If you’ve had an internship or studied abroad, describe what that was like for you.
- What are your hobbies/interests?
- What are your plans and future goals following graduation?
- Is there something special you would like your donor to know about you?
- If you’ve written to this person in previous years, how have you grown or your ideas changed since then?
- Include the donor’s name in the salutation. If you don't know his or her name, please contact us to request it.
- Mention the name of the scholarship in the body of your letter.
- Be clear, concise, and gracious.
Submitting your note:
Your personal message should be sent to to the Office of Institutional Advancement, and we will mail it to the donor on your behalf.
- You may type your letter and submit it electronically by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you choose to hand write your message, please use stationary or a note card.
- Deliver to Alumni House
- Or mail to:
- Patty Vukelic
Office of Institutional Advancement
4380 Main Street
Amherst, NY 14226
- Patty Vukelic
For more information, please contact Patty Vukelic, Advancement Associate at, email@example.com or 716-839-8212.
Donor funded scholarships:
- Amanda L. Hahn Endowed Award Fund
- Charles Sabatino Study Abroad Scholarship
- David M. Jambro Memorial Scholarship
- Dr. Charles A. & Marjorie A. Gliozzo Endowed Scholarship for Study Abroad
- Dr. Mary C. Ricotta Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Elizabeth George Ivers Endowed Scholarship for Women
- Henrietta Daniels Scholarship
- Henry and Rensa Gianadda Study Abroad Endowed
- Linda Eckert Kuechler and Herbert B. Eckert Memorial Scholarship
- J. Paul & Mary E. Synor Endowed Scholarship in Elementary Education
- Joan Cooper Stovroff Endowed Scholarship for Women
- Joyce Barrett Torre '90 & Nelson P Torre, M.D. Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Lumsden & McCormick, LLP Endowed Scholarship in Accounting
- Magdalene M. Hettler Scholarship for the Teaching of Mathematics
- Matthew, Bartlett & Dedecker Scholarship Fund
- Nancy Haberman Gacioch Endowed Scholarship for Women
- Peter A. Siedlecki Endowed Scholarship Fund for Honors Program Students
- Peter and Elizabeth C Tower Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Robert and Carol Chur Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Richard and Lorraine Demyanick Scholarship for John F. Kennedy (JFK) High School Graduates
- Sisters of St. Francis of Penance and Christian Charity Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Wright Family Scholarship Fund