Founders Celebration is an annual campus-wide event at Daemen University honoring the institution’s origins, commemorating its rich history of scholarship—and continuing its momentum forward. This re-imagined celebration combines Homecoming, Alumni Weekend and Founders Day to create one spectacular week-long schedule of events.
The celebration features traditions and events including:
- Founders Day bell ringing—Join this ceremony and gathering of the university community at the Founders Bell outside Rosary Hall. Representatives of the university’s seven decades each ring the bell, initially crafted in 1858—the year the university’s namesake, Mother Magdalene Daemen, passed away—and refurbished with support from the university’s Class of 1967
- Distinguished Alumni Awards Dinner—Attend this annual reception, established in 1986, that recognizes graduates who have made a difference and highlights their achievements and societal contributions
- Athletics events—Cheer on the Daemen Wildcats during matches at Karrer Field and Lumsden Gymnasium
- Student-centric events—Enjoy the Food Truck Rodeo and Music Festival, S'mores Night, and try your luck at Casino Night hosted by Lambda Chi Iota sorority. Play games for chips that you can "cash in" for terrific prizes!
- Daemen Day in Amherst—Daemen Day in Amherst is a special celebration to connect the university community with Main Street’s thriving business district. Free bus rides rides will be available up and down Main Street to offer the Daemen community a chance to visit, shop, and dine at many establishments in the Amherst and Williamsville business districts. Free shirt to the first 100 people who take the bus.