The Director of Diversity and Inclusion has primary responsibility for providing strategic leadership and administrative oversight for researching, developing, implementing and maintaining a range of successful practices for supporting a College climate that values and prioritizes equity, diversity and inclusiveness. The Director will use evidence based strategies to assist the College in developing efforts in creating and sustaining a culture that embraces and promotes diversity and inclusion in their broadest meanings. Particular emphasis is placed on the development of long-term strategies and collaborations designed to enhance campus climate to increase the recruitment, matriculation, support, retention, and ultimate graduation of students of color and diverse backgrounds.
This is a full-time, 12 month position. Salary is competitive and includes full college benefits and professional development opportunities.
- Oversee the Center for Diversity and Inclusion.
- Assist in the management of services and programs designed to increase the recruitment, retention, matriculation, and ultimate graduation of a diverse population.
- Collaborate with key student affairs offices on programming and outreach efforts.
- Research current trends and best practices for the delivery of cross-cultural awareness, and programs on diversity and inclusion.
- Serve as the Equal Employment Officer for the College.
- Oversee the Bias Reporting system.
- Establish and maintain ongoing efforts to evaluate the quality of campus life for students of color and recommend appropriate solutions to address campus climate issues and improve the overall quality of services and programs for traditionally underrepresented and international students, faculty, and staff.
- Counsel, advise, and consult with students, faculty, staff and alumni individually and collectively to embrace the importance of building an inclusive, appreciative, and welcoming environment.
- Organize and lead an infrastructure to facilitate internal and external community engagement, develop partnerships to bring about transformational change, and identify and support target areas to maximize the College's impact locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Provide leadership in developing collaborative efforts to plan campus-wide cultural events.
- Serve as an advocate on all matters of diversity and inclusion.
- Participate in Student Development meetings, in-services, and other activities.
- Participate in national, regional, and state, professional opportunities as needed.
- Assist in the planning and assessment process as dictated by the College.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.