The Senior Director of Development and Major Gift Officer at Daemen College is a key member of the Institutional Advancement team and will develop and maintain a robust development program. This position will work with the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Director of Advancement Services to create a strategic plan of action and evaluation for maintaining a donor pipeline. This position will also work closely with other members of the Institutional Advancement team to execute a comprehensive fundraising and stewardship strategy. In the absence of the Vice President, the Senior Director of Development and Major Gift Officer will oversee the day-today operations of the division.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts of $25,000+ from an evolving portfolio of 150 constituents.
- Meet or exceed goals and expectations as laid out in the moves management portfolio metrics.
- Determine the capacity and inclination for leadership gift giving.
- Prepare gift proposals for solicitation of donations ensuring that they meet with Daemen’s priorities as well as donor desires/intent.
- Continually research and explore new ideas to improve current fundraising programs and procedures.
- Serve as a senior member of the Division of Institutional Advancement and oversee the day-to-day operations of the Division of Institutional Advancement in the absence of the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
- Serve as campaign manager of the “Drive to 75” comprehensive campaign, including execution of all correspondence and marketing initiatives in conjunction with marketing and communications.
- Participate in alumni events, donor events, and other advancement events and programs as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
- Proven record of closing major and planned gifts of $25,000+.
- Broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising, including annual, major, and planned gifts.
- Strong background in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships both within and outside the office.
- Ability to work independently and successfully manage multi-functional and diverse activities at once.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, public speaking, and writing skills.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capability of working a range of activities regardless of day of the week or time of day/night; flexibility in schedule and ability to travel.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge software strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of institutional advancement experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs including Word and Excel.