Daemen College has received specialized accreditation for its accounting programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA.
Degrees offered: Accounting B.S. & Accounting / Professional Accountancy B.S./M.S.
Each student is required to complete an accounting internship that includes a major research project that will reinforce their written and oral skills. Most of these internships are paid and the majority lead to full-time positions upon graduation. Students are also encouraged to participate in short-term or long-term study abroad experiences. The Accounting faculty has accompanied groups of students to Ireland, Mexico, Brazil, Italy and Spain. In addition, the graduate portion of the 150-hour program is based around global business.
- Begin their accounting courses in their first year.
- Learn the latest technology. Excel, Quick Books, Tax Act and Tax Wise software, and XBRL are all taught and integrated throughout the program.
- Be advised and mentored by accounting faculty who have all worked in large accounting firms and have various professional certifications.
- Be able to minor or specialize in over 50 different areas including Sustainability, Entrepreneurship and many more.
- Forensic Accounting sequence offered
- Graduate with a B.S. in Accounting or a B.S./M.S. in Professional Accountancy. The latter degree is registered with the NYS Board of Accountancy and meets the educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam. Our graduates earn between $45,000 and $50,000 upon graduation.
- Build their resumes as they progress through the program by participating in such activities as VITA and The Accounting Lab for Community Organizations.
Daemen’s Accounting Degree Ranked Nationally Among Small Colleges
Daemen College has been ranked in the top five nationally on the “25 Best Value Small Colleges for an Accounting Degree” list released by Best Value Schools, an online guide to the best values in college education in the country. READ MORE
Daemen Accounting Program Earns International Accreditation
Daemen College’s Accounting Program has earned accreditation from the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), making it one of only five colleges in the country to hold this new specialized accreditation. READ MORE
Students will be qualified for employment in a variety of accounting-related careers. For more information on Accounting careers and salaries, please visit the American Institute of CPAs. Some career examples include:
- Financial Analyst
- Company Controller
- Tax Accountant
- Auditor and many more
Recent Graduates’ Jobs
- Tax accountant, Lumsden and McCormick, Sodexho
- Auditor, Fox & Co.
- Financial Analyst, M&T Bank
- Internal Auditor, First Niagara Bank
- Staff Accountants: Price Waterhouse Coopers, LLP, D’ARATA and Company, Gaines, Metzler, Kriner and Co., LLP, Semanchin & Wetter LLP, Fiddler & Co
Daemen College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) located 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Bachelor in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science/Master of Science in Professional Accountancy
- Daemen BS Accounting Accreditation Outcomes
- Daemen BS/MS Professional Accountancy Accreditation Outcomes
2017 Accounting Award Recipient
Niko has consistently been named to the Dean’s List and has served as an academic tutor while working two part-time jobs and participating on Daemen’s track team. He has been recognized by Who’s Who Among American Colleges and Universities and is a member of the Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society. Niko prepared income taxes for the VITA program and worked with the ZLC group as a tax intern. Niko was named Men's’ Track and Field Newcomer of the Year for the 2013-14 season, MVP for the 2015-16 season, and as team captain for two years. Niko is active in the community and has worked with People, Inc. to help students with learning disabilities in Math, English and life skills.
Paul Pitcher II
Accounting with Specialization in Forensics
I chose accounting as my major because I am very skilled at applied math and I enjoy working out problems. Pursuing a career in Forensic Accounting will help me become more analytical in the career and make my career more fulfilling to my skills. Read More