Daemen College has received specialized accreditation for its accounting programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA.
- Accounting B.S.
- Accounting / Professional Accountancy B.S./M.S.
The B.S./M.S. degree is for students wishing to pursue a career in public accounting. The degree is registered with the NYS Board of Accountancy and it meets the new 150-hour requirement to sit for the CPA exam. The program can be completed within 4.5 years- and allows students to graduate in December and enter the job market in time for tax season.
- Daemen College has been ranked in the top five nationally on the “25 Best Value Small Colleges for an Accounting Degree” list released by Best Value Schools.
- Students begin accounting courses in their first year and begin learning the latest technology including Excel, Quick Books, Tax Act and TaxWise software, and XBRL.
- Accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), making it one of only five colleges in the country to hold this newly specialized accreditation
- Our graduates earn between $45,000 and $50,000 upon graduation.
- Students may elect to complete a three-course sequence in forensic accounting during their undergraduate study.
- Available minors in over 50 areas including Sustainability, Entrepreneurship and many more.
- Required accounting internships include a major research project. Most internships are paid and many often lead to full-time positions upon graduation.
- Study abroad experiences in places such as Ireland, Mexico, Brazil, Italy and Spain.
- The graduate portion of the 150-hour program is based on global business.
Students will be qualified for employment in a variety of accounting-related careers. For more information on Accounting careers and salaries, please visit the American Institute of CPAs. Some career examples include:
- Financial Analyst
- Company Controller
- Tax Accountant
- Auditor and many more
Recent Graduates’ Jobs
- Tax accountant, Lumsden and McCormick, Sodexho
- Auditor, Fox & Co.
- Financial Analyst, M&T Bank
- Internal Auditor, First Niagara Bank
- Staff Accountants: Price Waterhouse Coopers, LLP, D’ARATA and Company, Gaines, Metzler, Kriner and Co., LLP, Semanchin & Wetter LLP, Fiddler & Co
Daemen College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) located 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Bachelor in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science/Master of Science in Professional Accountancy
- Daemen BS Accounting Accreditation Outcomes
- Daemen BS/MS Professional Accountancy Accreditation Outcomes
Paul Pitcher II
Accounting with Specialization in Forensics
I chose accounting as my major because I am very skilled at applied math and I enjoy working out problems. Pursuing a career in Forensic Accounting will help me become more analytical in the career and make my career more fulfilling to my skills. Read More