Daemen College has received specialized accreditation for its accounting programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA.
- Accounting B.S.
- Professional Accountancy B.S./M.S.
The B.S. degree is for students who seek a career in the accounting field but do not wish to pursue the CPA certification. The B.S./M.S. degree is for students wishing to pursue a career in public accounting and meets the new 150-hour requirement to sit for the CPA exam.
- Daemen's Accounting Program is internationally accredited
- Students begin accounting courses in the first year and begin learning the latest technology including Excel, Quick Books, Tax Act and TaxWise software, and XBRL.
- Daemen’s Accounting Degree is ranked nationally among small colleges
- Students may elect to complete a three-course sequence in forensic accounting during their undergraduate study.
- Available minors in over 50 areas including Sustainability, Entrepreneurship and many more.
- Participation in activities in such activities as VITA and The Accounting Lab for Community Organizations enhance your resume.
- Required accounting internships include a major research project. Most internships are paid and many often lead to full-time positions upon graduation.
- Study abroad experiences in places such as Ireland, Mexico, Brazil, Italy and Spain
2017 Accounting Award Recipient
Niko has consistently been named to the Dean’s List and has served as an academic tutor while working two part-time jobs and participating on Daemen’s track team. He has been recognized by Who’s Who Among American Colleges and Universities and is a member of the Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society. Niko prepared income taxes for the VITA program and worked with the ZLC group as a tax intern. Niko was named Men's’ Track and Field Newcomer of the Year for the 2013-14 season, MVP for the 2015-16 season, and as team captain for two years. Niko is active in the community and has worked with People, Inc. to help students with learning disabilities in Math, English and life skills.