- Elaina Dickinson and Meghan Nowak have been assisting in an Entrepreneurship program in a depressed neighborhood that helps budding entrepreneurs learn about business. They have helped the participants develop their business plans and provided financial advice in the start-up phases.
- Tina Chow is president of Daemen College ENACTUS Chapter and has managed a project teaching middle and high school students paper bead making so that they can start small businesses
- Matthew Daddario spent a semester in Italy taking courses in culture, history and language.
- A number of Accounting students have been recognized for their academic ability through scholarships and awards.
- Elaina Dickinson ’17, Brittany Stock ’16 and Dawn Hoang ’15 received awards from the NYSSCPAs for outstanding academic achievement
- Justing Knapp ’16 received the Herbert B. Eckert scholarship
- Brittany Stock ’16 and Michelle Hahn’16 received scholarships from Lumdsden and McCormick, LLP
- Zachary Kinnaird ’17 and Brittany Stock ’16 earned the NYSSCPAs scholarship
- Dale Demanynick and Louis Cecone are Partners in Lumsden & McCormik, LLP.
- Matt Pokigo works as an auditor for New York State, coaches golf and recently started a multi-passenger bicycle company, Consumer’s Craft Cruiser, with a friend showing accountants can do just about anything.