AT Program Highlights
- Athletic training graduates have achieved a 100% first-time pass rate on the BOC Certification Exam, a rate that significantly surpasses the national average of 89.3%.
- Students working towards a graduate degree in Athletic Training are eligible for a 30% tuition-only scholarship applied to the full tuition rate.
- We encourage our AT students to become dual credentialed with strength and conditioning certifications. Currently, 9 of our graduates are dual credentialed ATC/CSCS.
Included in the curriculum is gross anatomy, which includes cadaver dissection, thus providing students with a strong foundation on which to build the rest of their education.
- Daemen College is at the forefront in offering an MSAT Program since 2012. As of 2022 all AT Programs will transition to Masters Degrees.
- Daemen encourages students from Canadian institutions to apply to our program. Visit our Canadian FAQ Page
- Students have two full years of clinical experience with opportunities in D1 football, high schools, physician practices, professional sports.
- View printable information sheet
AT Program Information
Students with an earned baccalaureate degree (BS/BA) in a related field with minimum overall and prerequisite GPAs of 2.75 out of 4.0 and have successfully completed (C or better) all coursework listed in the prerequisite worksheet are eligible for consideration for the direct entry MSAT Program.
Degree and credit analysis for the direct entry students is completed by the Graduate Admissions Office and Athletic Training Department Chair.
You can apply to the Direct Entry MSAT Program through the centralized application service, ATCAS.
Application Deadline Extended! Applications will now be processed until the deadline of June 1, 2020, for classes beginning on June 1, 2020.
- A Daemen AT Student Observation Record Form (XLS) or a signed letter from a BOC Certified Athletic Trainer verifying that the applicant has obtained 50 hours of Athletic Training observation under the supervision of a certified athletic trainer. Note: 15 of these hours must be completed in a traditional athletic training setting such as a high school, college/university, or professional sport setting.
- Two Graduate Reference Report (PDF) forms, one must be completed by a BOC Certified Athletic Trainer.
- Completed Prerequisite Worksheet (PDF).
- A biographical sketch (brief narrative describing your goal/philosophy related to personal, academic, professional development, interest in athletic training, and/or relative background in another allied health progression).
- Please have all university-level academic work transcripts sent to Daemen College Admissions.
- Copy of current CPR/AED and First Aid Cards.
- Read the Technical Standards and submit the signed Technical Standards Verification Form (DOC).
Selected students will be invited for an interview.
To ensure that all students have successfully met the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education competencies, the program will not grant substantial credit for learning derived from experience. The program will evaluate students on an individual basis to determine transfer equivalencies not to exceed 6 transfer credits.
Athletic Trainers are employed in secondary schools, colleges and universities, professional sports, sports medicine clinics, military, and in the industrial and commercial settings. 95% of Daemen College Athletic Training alumni are currently practicing clinicians in the Athletic Training profession. Our alumni have been employed in a variety of settings including:
Scholarships may not be combined; students may only receive one scholarship.
Graduate Merit Scholarship
30 percent off the graduate per credit hour tuition rate awarded to accepted AT students who have earned an undergraduate GPA of 2.7 or above.
Graduate Alumni Scholarship
Additional scholarships may be available for alumni, please contact your admissions counselor for more information.
Americorps Matching Scholarship
Awarded to accepted students who have completed an Americorps service commitment. Daemen College will match the 100 percent of the Segal Americorps Education Award OR provide a 30 percent tuition scholarship discount for Americorps alumni enrolling in our program.
AT Program News
Daemen College’s Professional Master’s Athletic Training Program, one of only two accredited programs in New York State, has received continuing accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). READ MORE
Daemen College professional master’s athletic training program student, Kaitlyn Gustafson, has been selected as a recipient of two scholarships including the Tanya Dargusch Leadership in Community Service Scholarship by the NATA District 2. READ MORE
- The AT Program was awarded second place in the New York State Athletic Trainers Association ATEP Video Contest for National Athletic Training Month.
- A Daemen College AT student was selected to represent New York State at the National Athletic Training Student Leadership (iLead) conference held in Texas.
- A Daemen College AT student was awarded the PFATS-NFL Charities Minority Scholarship, which allowed him to experience the Minnesota Vikings summer training camp.