Business Administration is a broad-based program of study that strategically balances academic preparation, professional training, and hands-on experience.
- Business Administration, B.S.
- Business Administration, B.S. / International Business, M.S.
- Double Up: Global & Local Sustainability & Business Administration
Undergraduate Business Specializations
Business students will choose a specialization within one of the following areas:
- General Business
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Sport Management
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Social Entrepreneurship
Business Administration Program Highlights
- In addition to learning all facets of business including economics, management, organizational behavior, accounting, marketing, law, and international business, our program prepares you for the most important issues facing business leaders today.
- Students take part in a course-related one-on-one professional career and job readiness review with an outside professional career consultant prior to graduation.
- 88% of recent graduates felt that they were extremely or well prepared for their future career.
- Available minors in over 50 areas including sustainability, entrepreneurship, modern languages, public relations and many more.
- All business students utilize the Consulting Lab which is a collaborative space to meet and work with outside individuals or organizations.
- Students work collaboratively with others in a variety of settings that help them contribute positively to their local and international business communities.
- All business majors complete at least one professional internship. Specialization-related internship experiences supplement classroom knowledge, build professional interpersonal skills, develop liaisons with the business community, and provide concrete, resume building work experience.
- 94% of recent graduates were satisfied with their internship experience.
- Daemen was selected as a 2018-19 College of Distinction for excelling in student engagement, great teaching and successful outcomes within the business program.
- View Printable Information Sheet
"Our goal is to help make our students as marketable as possible before graduation. We focus on guiding them to build their resumes with the many valuable profession-related experiences we offer within our degree programs.” - Sharlene Buszka, Department Chair
Additional Degree Options
Business Administration, B.S./International Business, M.S.
To be successful, today’s business professional must approach the marketplace with a global state of mind. Designed to instill a professional mastery of current and emerging international business issues, program participants will obtain the necessary skills to compete in today’s global marketplace. The BS in Business Administration/MS in International Business allows students the opportunity to earn a bachelor’s and master’s degree within five years.
Corporations, nonprofits, and governments recognize that sustainable practices save money, enhance image, and lead to healthier, economically viable communities. Your project-based experiences locally and globally will give you insight for new approaches and understanding cultural differences while honing your skills at listening, speaking, and taking action.
This program can typically be completed in four years with semesters of 15-18 credits (129 credits total), depending on your previous language experience. The Sustainability major requires an international experience which can be completed during the summer or as part of a semester exchange. Our Global Studies Office can work with you to find a program that best fits your interests and timing.
Students will be qualified for employment in a wide variety of business careers. Some examples include:
- Corporate Sales Representative
- Market Research Analyst
- Program Manager
- Stadium Manager
- Human Resources Director
- Recruiting Manager
- Benefits Manager
- Corporate Trainer
- Business Consultant
- Financial Analyst
- Retail Manager
- Bank Manager
- Sales Manager
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Manager
- Financial Consultant
In addition, a degree in Business Administration prepares students for law school and eventual careers in this field. Many of our students interested in this career path are successfully admitted to law school.
Daemen College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- B.S. Business Administration
- B.S. Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- B.S. Business Administration - International Management
- B.S. Business Administration - Marketing
- B.S. Business Administration - Sport Management
This organization focuses on integrating department activities with local businesses, including guest speakers, seminars with business leaders, and community projects.
Daemen’s Society for Human Resource Management student chapter provides excellent professional training and exposure while connecting students to a global network of Human Resource professionals.
Free enterprise, capitalism, entrepreneurial spirit, and professional acumen. These are the treasures sought by the Business Club.
Students gain hands-on experience on and off campus with close guidance from well-connected professionals and professors in the sport management field.
“We did everything, said Mizer. We were involved in every pregame event including first pitches, anthem singers, New Era Dream Teams, and other awards and special guests." READ MORE
As part of MKT 302 Physical Distribution Management class, UPS hosted a great tour through the large regional distribution facility in Buffalo. Students experienced activities such as pickup returns, sorting, facility management and control, distribution between major national UPS hubs, route planning, truck loading, driver training and safety, pick-to-light technology, customs processes and next day air integration.