The program details business practices in the North American Free Trade Agreement, European Union, and emerging economies in Asia, Middle East, and Latin America. Students work on integrating international planning, strategic management, cross-cultural business negotiations, ethics, and global market opportunities.
- Students develop the cross-cultural skills in demand for international business management.
- Classes provide relevant theoretical and practical insights concerning the role international politics, economics, culture, exchange rates, and foreign policies play in today’s global market.
- Dedicated and experienced professors with international backgrounds provide personalized attention to each student.
- The program focuses on the impact of global change on corporate strategies and patterns of international trade.
- Students differentiate themselves to employers by learning a new language. Daemen provides all modern language learning tools to International Business students.
- An emphasis on the development of students’ interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Students work collaboratively with others in a variety of settings that help them contribute positively to their local and international business communities.
- View Printable Information Sheet
About the International Business Specialization
- Students are required to complete a 3 credit (150 hour) internship to gain hands hands-on experience in the field.
- Students have interned at international companies such as Rich Products, Ivoclar, Delaware North, and Liberty Pumps.
- Professors take students to network with multinational companies at international business events.
- Senior students created a comprehensive and cohesive report on the factors affecting a firm when exporting to foreign markets for the first time.
- Projects emphasize the importance of market research, corporate culture, research and development, export costs, international agents, and country of origin when taking your business to international markets.
Some career opportunities in a dynamic and growing global market include: International Marketing Development, Global Branding, Business Strategy Consultant, Foreign Market Analyst, International Sales and Procurement, Import/Export Management, World Trade Consultant.
Internship: Liberty Pumps
“At my internship, I am responsible for finding potential international distributors. Since I learned about various cultures and their business practices at Daemen, I felt confident when contacting companies in Chile, Colombia, Brazil, Panama, and Argentina.” “Learning about business theories and practices coupled with the understanding of different cultures in the global market gave me a huge advantage to succeed at my internship.”