Our program provides sport management students with the experience and know-how to view sport through marketing, management, and finance lenses. Daemen sport management students also have the benefit of working with the College's Athletics Department which is a part of NCAA Division II membership.
- The curriculum includes practical coursework through which students will learn the skills needed to succeed in the competitive field of sport and recreation management.
- Students are very involved in service learning, internships, and volunteer work. Our department tends to place students at youth recreation sites around the community where they both manage recreation programs and interact with young people in sport or recreation setting.
- In addition to learning all facets of business including economics, management, organizational behavior, accounting, marketing, law, and international business—our program prepares you for the most important issues facing business leaders today including, diversity ethics, and global management.
- Our faculty includes individuals who have spent years working in the field of sport management. The NCAA, Buffalo Bills, and Cleveland Browns are just a few of the professional organizations faculty have worked for.
- Daemen works with sport management professionals from the Western New York region to serve as either instructors or guest lecturers, providing students with a first-hand account of what it takes to succeed in this competitive field.
- Faculty members encourage students to volunteer at major sporting events like home Buffalo Bills games, NCAA basketball tournaments and the recently held World Junior Hockey Championships and Empire State Games.
About the Sport Management Specialization
Introduction to Sport Management, Sports Marketing, Introduction to Public Relations, Legal Aspects of Sport Management, Human Resource Management, and Labor Relations.
Graduates can work at professional sport franchises, campus athletics departments, regional marketing firms and more.
Specialization Information Sheets
|General Business||Human Resource Management||International Business||Marketing||Sport Management|
For information, contact Bridget Niland, Associate Professor and Program Coordinator at Beniland@daemen.edu