The Business Administration degree with a specialization in marketing provides exposure to the total business organization through functional and technical skills-based coursework. Particular emphasis is placed on diversity, ethics, and international issues. Students in the concentration explore marketing through coursework, experiential projects, internships, and extracurricular activities.
- Buffalo's Daemen College is the only institution in New York State to be selected as one of the top “50 Best Value Small Colleges” in the U.S. for business administration degrees.
- Courses cover a range of disciplines, including advertising, sales, promotions and digital communication, branding and design, supply chains and distribution, and marketing research and data analysis.
- Marketing at Daemen is professionally driven. Professors are active business professionals who draw from their everyday experiences.
- Students’ ability to think creatively, culturally and ethically is enhanced throughout the program.
- Students apply their skills by creating business plans which develop promotional strategies and financial projections.
- These activities allow students to make marketing decisions which consider every aspect of the business model.
- Students pursued MBA programs or landed jobs in their fields upon graduation. The program offers dual major and minors for those interested in exploring challenging business ventures.
About the Marketing Specialization
Successful internships allow students to apply classroom learning.
- Marketing students have completed internships at successful local and multinational companies including Eric Mower and Associates, Rich Products, UPS, Buffalo Sabres, Channel 7 News, Delaware North, and more.
- Business Trips – students build their marketing skills from interactions with active business professionals.
Marketing career opportunities can be found in the following areas:
Marketing Manager, Brand Manager, New Product Development, Creative Manager, Marketing Communications, Events Manager; Marketing Coordinator, Internet Marketing, Business to Business Marketing, Marketing Advertising Agencies, Customer Service Manager, New Business Development, Retail and Sales Manager, Public Relations, Market Development Manager, International Marketing